Deron Williams

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by RashadzMcCantz, Nov 20, 2006.

1. RashadzMcCantz

RashadzMcCantz BBW Elite Member

<div align="center"><u>"This is my time to shine": Deron Williams</u>By: RashadzMcCantz</div><div align="center">[​IMG]</div>The Utah Jazz have the league's best record (9-1) and have proven to the world, that when they are healthy, they can be an elite team. Chris Paul seemed to be the steal of his draft class and at the beginning of the season, was discussed and compared to Isiah Thomas and other great, hall of fame point guards. The past few weeks, second year guard Deron Williams has proved that he was picked before Chris Paul for a reason. Deron Williams has led the Utah Jazz to an impressive nine and one record, and for the first time in his professional career has proved scouts wrong. Before he was selected, Mike Apodaca made this summary of Deron's game:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Speed is an issue as he?s not the quickest player on the court ? His thick body type can be much a weakness as a plus as it limits his mobility ... Lacks great open court speed and a quick first step ... Relies on strength and overall body sizetoo much? Defending quicker players will be a problem? Can get caught trying to do too much at times and fires up shots instead of getting his teammates involved? </div>The scouting report made Deron seem like a poor version of Mike Bibby, but the season has made him seem like the next Jason Kidd.Deron Williams is scoring from everywhere on the court, including the free throw line, a place that Deron hasn't been too successful in his professional career. Williams has never been recognized for his passing game until this season. Deron Williams is third in the league in assists per game, (9.0) only trailing Chris Paul and most valuable player Steve Nash as the best disher in the league. He has made Carlos Boozer seem like a young Karl Malone and has made himself seem like John Stockton. [​IMG]Deron Williams(left) and Carlos Boozer(right) have come to play together every single night this seasonDeron Williams and Carlos Boozer have been the most productive players this season but they have had some help from many role players on the roster. Andrei Kirilenko has performed great on the defensive end of the floor but still hasn't found his offensive game this season. Kirilenko is currently on the sideline with a sprained right ankle but Paul Millsap has performed very well in Kirilenko's absence. For the second straight season, Mehmet Okur has been the silent star. He seems to be the x-factor every night for the Jazz and really compliments Carlos Boozer well with his solid long range game and his tough rebounding.The Utah Jazz seem to love Illinois because they currently have three former Illini players on their roster including Roger Powell, Dee Brown, and Deron Williams. The three were on the same team in the 2004 season, in which ended in a tough loss to the UNC Tar Heels. I believe that part of the success this season that Williams has encountered could be because the three have made the NBA more than just a business, they have made it a friendship, and a true love for the game.[​IMG]18.7 ppg 2.50 rpg 9.0 apg 1.6 spgHead coach Jerry Sloan should be very excited about the great combination of a healthy Carlos Boozer and a developing Deron Williams. A combination he has not had since Karl Malone and John Stockton ran the show at the Delta Center. <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Only this time, hopefully for the Utah Jazz, the final result will be a Larry O'Brien Trophy.</span><div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

2. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Did you right this? If you did good article good should go on the Homepage

3. RashadzMcCantz

Yes, I wrote this article tonight.

4. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Should inform Tony about this for the Homepage

5. RashadzMcCantz

I plan on adding another paragraph to this article, once I add another paragraph we could talk about hosting it on the homepage.

6. RashadzMcCantz

I'm done. Please let me hear your thoughts.

7. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Very nice article. I've been behind this guy's back since The tourny where Illinoi made the Finals. Im glad he's getting recognized by people this year and he's really showing what he can do. And there's always room to improve. Im excited for this guy in the future.dWiLL!

8. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Great article man, I would put this on the homepage but It only falls in the category of one team. Good stuff.

9. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

Just wait till we get the new homepage - there's a new section called featured blog...this def would qualify. :dribble:

10. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I don't see how you took that scouting report (saying he's too slow and too heavy and relies on size) could give you the comparison of Mike Bibby...The article doesn't tell me anything I didn't know before. I've been really suprised by Williams' improvement...wow...

11. RashadzMcCantz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Nov 22 2006, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see how you took that scouting report (saying he's too slow and too heavy and relies on size) could give you the comparison of Mike Bibby...The article doesn't tell me anything I didn't know before. I've been really suprised by Williams' improvement...wow...</div>Mike Bibby only shoots jump shots, can't get to the hole consistently, and he plays mediocre defense.By the way, I think you should learn what POOR VERSION means.

12. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RashadzMcCantz @ Nov 22 2006, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mike Bibby only shoots jump shots, can't get to the hole consistently, and he plays mediocre defense.By the way, I think you should learn what POOR VERSION means.</div> I just didn't think the comparison made any sense. Mike Bibby is very quick and very athletic...

13. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Mike Bibby isnt all that athletic BCB. And although Deron Williams isnt fast, he has a pretty quick first step. Quickness in basketball is more important than being fast in basketball.

14. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

Very true Adam Deron might not be blessed with speed but has tons of talent and tons of potential as well. He has been a real surprise in his second season out of Illinoins. Just last night he had 21 assists which is incredible, he tied the season high with Steve Nash. That's pretty damn good

15. jazzybunch

jazzybunch BBW Member

Just a quick note -- I mentioned it earlier, but apparently the admin overlords didn't think it was worthy of staying up: Deron's going to appear on HOOPSTALK, a live show that Nike does weekly, next Tuesday -- and they're inviting Jazz/Deron fans to submit questions. The ones that get chosen will get to speak with Deron live on the air. They did it with KOBE last week, and it was pretty sweet. Thought you guys might want the chance to talk to the future of the franchise live (even if the admins are trying to deny you that opportunity):http://www.basketballjohn.com/2007/04/13/d...s-on-hoopstalk/