Desmond Mason signs contract extension

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by mike18946, Oct 27, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1647958

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Guard Desmond Mason signed a 3-year contract extension with the Bucks on Monday after being acquired by Milwaukee last season in a trade with Seattle.

Mason, whose extension runs through the 2006-07 season, averaged 14.8 points and a team-high 6.7 rebounds in 28 games after the trade.

Mason, 6-foot-5, was drafted by the SuperSonics out of Oklahoma State with the 17th pick in the 2000 draft.
    </div>

At least now the Bucks know for sure they got something back in the Ray Allen trade...

2. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

argh! everytime i post something like this in another forum (i posted this in bucks), someone else posts it like 5 minutes afterwards and then i get yelled it for posting it when someone else already did. *sigh*

but yeah. desmond + more years in milwaukee = good sign.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

A great piece for the Bucks to build around, as a player and a person.

4. uqlangel

uqlangel JBB JustBBall Member

Now all the bucks need to do is rid themselves of the last piece of the Karl era Tim Thomas and that would free up the court time for Mason and allow him Redd and Ford to provide the future nucleus.

5. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Great for 'waukee Bucks. I agree with uqlangel that they should get rid of Thomas cause he hasn't showed any improvement but maybe he will do it this year,now that Karl isn't around [​IMG] .I hope to see Gadzuric and TJ to have good seasons...oops,missed that Redd and Mason will definatley have break out seasons!(atleast Redd will have)

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Great job by the Bucks. He's an extremely talented player and he's gonna be good down in Milwaukee. Watch out for them. They could be deceptively good.

7. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Keep Thomas IMO, what he suffered from the most last year is having Sam Cassell running the point, a guy who looked for his own shot first. He'll be good with TJ running the point.

8. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Keep Thomas IMO, what he suffered from the most last year is having Sam Cassell running the point, a guy who looked for his own shot first. He'll be good with TJ running the point.</div>

Good idea, I miss Desmond in the Sonics though, at least he's finally getting recognized.

9. Depth

Depth JBB JustBBall Member

I dont watch seattle anymore eve n tho there my hometeam cuz d-mase left. He brought excitement to Seattle. And I hate seeing him play with the bucks, they suck and i just dread it... lol-if i was him, i wouldnt had signed an extension.... :thumbsdow

10. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I had the opportunity to see DMase play 2nd row courtside, he is much more exciting that most will ever realize.

He was extremely vocal, and was never intimidated by GP barking orders. Even when GP commanded the ball DMase would often ignore him and take it to the hole himself.

When he got monster slams he would scream, pounding his chest, lol. He was a joy to watch.