Despite risk, Jazz pick up options - Eisley update (SLT)

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by spark22, Nov 1, 2004.

1. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">He probably has never heard of Publishers Clearing House, and never entered any sweepstakes. But when Raul Lopez answered the knock at his apartment door Sunday night, the man standing there awarded him more than $1 million.
    It wasn't Ed McMahon, though. The late-night trick-or-treater was Jazz owner Larry Miller, who drove over to personally deliver the franchise's decision on Lopez's future: It's in Utah.
    Same for center Curtis Borchardt, who also learned face-to-face from Miller that the Jazz are guaranteeing the oft-injured pair's contracts for the 2005-06 season.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The pair will greet a new teammate in time for Wednesday's season opener against the Lakers in the Delta Center. Howard Eisley, who spent five seasons as John Stockton's backup, will rejoin the Jazz once he clears waivers Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, a source close to the negotiations confirmed Sunday.
    O'Connor would not comment on Eisley's status, and his agent, Dan Fegan, did not return a phone call, but Eisley is expected to be in uniform in time - barely - for Wednesday's game.</div>
    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_2435370

It looks like the Jazz are taking a risk on Lopez and Borch being healthy, but they have used so much money on surguries on them, I guess they might as well keep them.
    Also in the article it states that the Jazz and Eisley have agreed to terms and he will be in uniform for the Laker game [​IMG]. The thing I like about Eisley, I think he can step in as a starter or I think he would be glad as a 12th man. Plus he all ready knows Jerry Sloan and that is the main thing that gets new Jazz players. And it also mentions that today the Jazz have to make a decission on Aleksandar Radojevic and Keith McLeod.

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

I like the extensions, Lopez is a good back up and when Borchardt has had a considerable amount of time without injury he has shown a lot of promise. I think Eisley could turn out to be a great addition to the young team, he played well in Utah when he was here and he had the same coach then. He might still be able to play well here and push Lopez and Arroyo for minutes.