Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AdropOFvenom, Oct 3, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Discuss here!Nate Robertson vs. Chien-Ming Wang in Game 1.

2. TCOF

TCOF NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Everybody Wang chung tonight

3. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yankees sweep. [​IMG]

4. Jon_Vilma

B-T-W A-Rod was dropped to 6th in the batting order, and did A-Rod throw a hissy fit? No. He accepted it in a humble fashion. Taking the "Whatever helps us win" mindset and recognizing that every player in the Yankees' lineup would bath 1-4 in any other lineup in the MLB, so 6th is not an insult. Hell, Cano is batting 9th tonight, and in 95% of lineups in the MLB Cano bats 1 or 2. And the instant response of baseball followers: "A-Rod isn't a true competitor if he doesn't care more about where he bats."A-Rod just can't win in the minds of the "fans." He's humble, he's good, everyone is jealous of him and hates him because they hate themselves for feeling jealous.

5. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i dont care waght he said. ill throw my support behind him if he helps us win.

6. TCOF

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Oct 3 2006, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i dont care waght he said. ill throw my support behind him if he helps us win.</div>If I still played baseball, and I got dropped to 6th in the order I wouldn't care. As long as my team won.That actually happened to me. I was hitting 2nd or 3rd and I was dropped to 7th or 8th cause other guys were doing better then me and I didn't care.

7. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TCOF @ Oct 3 2006, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Oct 3 2006, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i dont care waght he said. ill throw my support behind him if he helps us win.</div>If I still played baseball, and I got dropped to 6th in the order I wouldn't care. As long as my team won.That actually happened to me. I was hitting 2nd or 3rd and I was dropped to 7th or 8th cause other guys were doing better then me and I didn't care.</div>From little league through high school I pretty much always batted 5th for some reason. I was a good power hitter, but always the protector and never the cleanup. When I didn't bat 5th I usually batted 3rd.

8. Nebkreb

ive always 4th, 5th or 6th. id be leadoff because i walk alot but im mad slow.

9. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

When I played in Little League, I hit 7th or 8th in the order, b/c I would always get on base, b/c my coach wanted a bottom-of-the order hitter on so the guys at the top could drive someone in.

10. Nebkreb

update - game 1 went to Yankees, 8-4. Game 2 was rained out, moved to Thursday afternoon. Game is at 1 oclock, Mussina/Verlander

11. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yankees win tomorrow. The series is over.

12. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Im not sure personally, I think Verlander stands a pretty good chance because he has a strong enough arm to throw it past the Yankees offense who tends to struggle a bit against Hard-Throwers, or so it seems. Either way though, I expect the Yankees to win this series.

13. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Oct 5 2006, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im not sure personally, I think Verlander stands a pretty good chance because he has a strong enough arm to throw it past the Yankees offense who tends to struggle a bit against Hard-Throwers, or so it seems. Either way though, I expect the Yankees to win this series.</div>Verlander's era is over 9 in his last 3 starts. I think the Yankees can hit him.

14. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 4 2006, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yankees win tomorrow. The series is over.</div>We know you hate the Tigers.

15. TCOF

Anyone notice in that last few innings a bunch of called strikes against the Yankees weren't even close to the strike zone?

16. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I was watching the game and I have no idea what your talking about. They even showed the K zone and they were all strikes.

17. TCOF

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 5 2006, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was watching the game and I have no idea what your talking about. They even showed the K zone and they were all strikes.</div>No they weren't. There were a bunch that were off the plate. As in not even close.

18. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TCOF @ Oct 5 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone notice in that last few innings a bunch of called strikes against the Yankees weren't even close to the strike zone?</div>The Strike Zone looked pretty good to me, maybe a couple borderline calls didnt go your way but nothing blatantly out of the Strike Zone was called a Strike.

20. DETlions4life

DETlions4life NFLC nflcentral.net Member

go tigers zumaya owned in the 7th and 8th they couldnt even hit his fastballseries is tied 1-1 and now tigers have homfield advantage they have a good chance to win the seriesand the strike zone was about the same for both teams