Detroit's Dumars Named Executive of the Year

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, May 14, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sporting News, the nation’s oldest sports publication, today announced that Detroit Pistons general manger Joe Dumars has been awarded the Sporting News NBA Executive of the Year Award, which is voted on by league executives.
    Under Dumars’ leadership, the Pistons have put together back-to-back 50-win seasons, a regular season Eastern Conference championship and a No. 1 seed in the playoffs this year

Joe Dumars has a done a wonderful job of bringing a winning, championship attitude back to the Detroit Pistons,” said John Rawlings, Sporting News editorial director. “With the acquisition of young talented players like Richard Hamilton and Chauncey Billups and by revamping the Pistons front office, Joe Dumars, has made moves that help the Pistons win night in and night out, just as he did during his illustrious career.”

"This is a great honor for me and the Detroit Pistons organization," said Dumars. "Whenever you win an award such as this, there are a lot of people who play an important role in making it happen."

The Sporting News NBA Executive of the Year Award will be officially presented to Dumars prior to the Pistons’ second round playoff game vs. the Sixers on Wednesday, May 14th. </div>

WELL DONE JOE!! [​IMG] 8) 8) he has done yet another great job at detroit this year.From the RIP trade to drafting Tayshaun Prince and the best signing of the summer..chauncey billups!!

2. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

i dont like the pistons but Dumars has done a great job with them and they should be even better next year

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

well deserved. dumars has done a great job as the piston GM. i can't wait to see what he does in the off-season. the pistons are going to have a top draft pick and they have cap space. they will be the team to beat in the east next year.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

and i had my money on scott layden ... ho hum, silly me

5. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

I think detroit's cap space is going to be eaten up by resigning Rip Hamilton....but they should still get a good deal on him. He will probably be the lowest paid leading scorer on a playoff team.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Rocko220":</div><div class="quote_post">I think detroit's cap space is going to be eaten up by resigning Rip Hamilton....but they should still get a good deal on him. He will probably be the lowest paid leading scorer on a playoff team.</div>

don't forget they still have a top 10 draft pick unless memphis gets 1, and tayshaun prince should become a key performer next year. they'll be the team to beat in the east no doubt, but at the moment its the nets