Deyonta Davis to leave Michigan State, enter draft after one season

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by truebluefan, Apr 13, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The 6-foot-10 Davis, who averaged 7.5 points and 5.5 rebounds this past season and set a freshman school record with 64 blocks, will sign with an agent.

According to several NBA executives, Davis has a chance to be selected in the lottery during the NBA draft on June 23.

Tom Izzo's previous one-and-done player at Michigan State was Zach Randolph back in 2001. Gary Harris left the Spartans after two years in 2014.

"As a coach, my job is to help my players grow both on and off the basketball court," Izzo said in a statement. "Over the last year, Deyonta has improved as a player, as he is just starting to tap his true potential. Off the court, there is no question that he has grown by leaps and bounds as he matures as a young man. I've been fortunate to live my dreams, but the real thrill as a coach is getting to see my players live their dreams. I look forward to following Deyonta's development and career in the NBA for years to come."

- See more at: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...gan-state-spartans-enter-nba-draft-one-season