Dez Fires Back at Martin

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, Apr 8, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

WAR OF WORDS: One night after New Jersey Nets forward Kenyon Martin ripped into Milwaukee Bucks' guard Desmond Mason with a profanity-laced commentary, Mason fired back. The players exchanged words in a brief scuffle during the game between the Bucks and Nets Tuesday night in New Jersey and both were called for technical fouls.

After the game, Martin called Mason a punk, said that he couldn't stand Mason, and that he would "whup" him.

"He likes to run his mouth," Mason said before the Bucks' game against Washington on Wednesday. "If he had that to say, instead of using the media to relay messages, he could have said it to me last night. He knows where the bus is parked at, he knows where our locker room is at after the game. On June 10, I'll be (home in) Texas. He lives right up the road. He knows what I'm talking about. I'll be home June 10 so if he needs to come see me, he can come see me."

The play occurred with 6 minutes 5 seconds left when Milwaukee's Dan Gadzuric and New Jersey's Jason Collins went to the floor chasing a loose ball.

"Collins and Gadzuric got tangled up and so when they went for the ball, Collins just kind of put his knee on his head and was pressing his head against the ground," said Mason. "So I went over and grabbed Collins and just kind of moved him off so I could help Gadzuric up.

Link

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Nice one Des

Martin is a complete idiot for calling out Mason and saying he's a punk, guess K-mart needs to look in the mirror.

Mason is one of the nicest guys and one of the best sportsman in the NBA.

3. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

Mason was just helping his teammate when Collins put he knee on Gadzuric's neck.Then Martin comes in and calls Mason a punk when he wasn't even involved in the incident.And I agree with Allnet about Mason being one of the nicest guys and being one of the best sportsman.He will also protect his teammates.

4. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Man "K-Mart" gets on my nerves he has no respect for anybody.

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Classless once again by K-Mart. This is the same guy who made fun of Alonzo Mourning's kidney ailment a few months back. The nickname "K-Mart" sure fits him, low quality individual.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Kmart=classless
    He cant call a man out face to face, he is the punk. Kmart has started a scuffle already this year, he started problems with Mourning and a couple of weeks after that, Mourning's career was over, I thought he would of realized how immature he is and he would of atleast acted like a person who has some sense of maturity. GO DEZ!

7. Mr.Fundamentals

Mr.Fundamentals JBB JustBBall Member

^haha, good one. well we shouldn't be surprised with Kmart's act. D, like AllNet said is one of the he is one of the nicest guys in the NBA, martin did not need to use adress the media and disrespect mase,doing that, he is the punk.

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I look at it like this: KMart is like Kmart
    -They Both Suck
    -Both havent gone anywhere in their careers(well the way Kenyon is going with his attitude, he wont go anywhere)
    -Both are very cheap

I know shape compared them early but i was going to do that

9. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

A series against them in the playoffs this year would be a dream come true for me, and very good for the NBA.

10. maddunker1590

maddunker1590 JBB JustBBall Member

desmond mason is the best

11. PG2

PG2 JBB JustBBall Member

I just lost all of my respect for "K-Mart" i had some but not much no theirs none. DMase was doing the right thing when K-Mart comes in and calls him a punk. I think Kmart is more immature than steve francis.

12. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

They simply don't like each other. No need for K-Mart to tell Mason that he's a punk, they exhanged words in their little scuffle. I don't know about you guys but when I get into a fight, I don't tell the guy I don't like him first, I let my actions do the talking.