DFW's reasoning for not wanting McGoat/Diaz III

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Mamba, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

"The problem with the rubber match is Diaz is a 170 pounder. He's a massive guy. Conor is a very talented guy, he's very, very good. Every time he goes out there he looks better... [But] we should have never done it in the first place. That's what weight classes are for. They wanted to do it, we did it. They wanted to do it again, we did it again. They're 1-1. There's only so many of those wars you can be in in your career. It takes a lot out of you. Some guys go into wars like that and they're never the same after it. Look at Meldrick Taylor when he fought Julio Cesar Chavez. He was never the same after that fight. We've had those type of fights too. I believe that Rory MacDonald was never the same after the Robbie Lawler fight. That fight ruined him. I don't want to do that to someone special like Conor McGregor. It's just not right."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/23/...ll-rubber-match-against-massive-nate-diaz-ufc

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Stupidest reasoning ever. Nate can make 155, he's done it practically his entire career. Conor doesn't mind fighting at 170. I agree that now isn't the time, but there should definitely be a rubber match. I think McGoat needs to defend against Khabib/Ferguson and after that, if they're both down for a rubber match...make it then.

3. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Ouch. Slight dig to rory? I think rory is special. Not on a conor level but....

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

BLAF is winding down the clock. His tendency to talk like he IS a fighter and understands what it is to BE a fighter won't be missed.

5. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team