Did asswipe AV just call up Glass?

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Mar 6, 2017.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

If he did. It's a sign this season is officially over and the team is done.

2. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

You declared the season over months ago so not sure why this thread is necessary.

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

This stamps it final.

4. theProdigy223

Haha ok fair enough.

5. theProdigy223

It's obvious this team is not at all physical and is missing a much needed element of toughness. They have gotten bullied the past few games, especially Saturday against MTL, and rest assured that's how teams will be playing us come playoff time. However god damn Tanner Glass is not the answer to this. It's no exaggeration at all to say he's the worst player in the NHL. He cannot make a pass, he cannot receive a pass, he cannot cycle the puck, he cannot shoot the puck, he cannot play defense. All he can do is hit. He may as well play without a stick most of the time.

At first I thought it's no big deal, as Pirri and Puempel (one of which I assume is coming out) have been absolutely useless lately. But Glass isnt just useless; he's a net negative. He destroyed the fourth line the second he was put on it a few years ago. That same fourth line pre-Glass was a big reason we made the finals the year before. Lindberg has looked very good lately; kiss that all goodbye because there's now a black hole on his left side where the puck goes to die.

Im assuming this is only until guys like Fast and Grabner are back and healthy. But when it comes to AV and Glass, you never know.

And if Buch or Vesey is scratched tonight I am flying my ass down to Tampa getting a seat behind the bench and screaming in AVs ear the entire game.

6. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

It will be Puempel IMO. And I agree with you 223. Glass is not the answer. As I mentioned the other day, this is where I get on Gorton. To me he dropped the ball at the DL by not adding an Ott or King type player to play the "Glass" role.

Give Montreal credit for adding playoff type players and making themselves tougher to play against. I really think Gorton dropped the ball not dealing a mid pick or mid prospect for an Ott type, who can also win face-offs, which are a huge issue for us.

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

What did Toronto give up for Boyle? Could've maybe even done that deal.

8. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Glass and Kampfer in. Puempel and Clendening out.

By putting Glass in the lineup 5 days after the trade DL, it shows a big fail by Gorton I believe. You could have easily gotten a much better version of Glass, who could also win a face-off, for a mid round pick or prospect. Poor job Gorton.

On D Staal and McD paired together. Smith and Holden. Skjei and Kamp. Say what you will, but getting at least one of G or Klein back in the next 7 days or so will be a boost on D.

Raanta in goal tonight.

We'll see how they show up tonight. I would expect a good road effort, hopefully they are over the last 4 games struggles.

9. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why he never put buch, zibanejad and kreider line back together. This combination dominated when they were together.
    Pirri Lindberg Glass...LOL this coach puts some random ass lines out there.

10. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I'd settle for a mediocre effort and be pleasantly surprised with a victory. Anytime Glass is out there I have my doubts that this team can be productive lol. Hopefully Glass being in the minors for so long has made him realize that this is his last chance so he better be productive and not let guys take liberties with our star players anymore. We will wait and see.

Right now, I'm seeing a ton of regression with this team with them being pass happy and not shooting when they have the chances and forcing passes out of the d-zone when being forechecked and being unsure of where to go with the puck. Will be worth watching and seeing where this team goes if we get bounced quick in the first round and if they decide to give AV another year to get this team straightened out but on a short leash or cut him loose.

11. theProdigy223

I like this period a lot.

12. Ranger71

Thankfully Kampfer's ok after that hit. He's been decent so far.

13. Rangers94

Very solid first period all things considered. Team looks like they actually give a shit and aren't coasting. Good to see. Gonna be a struggle until we get everyone back, but injuries happen and you gotta just keep chugging along. This team seemed to have folded for a bit after those few injuries and seemed to be playing very nonchalant. Was happy to see a good, solid, energetic period there. Two more like that and we should get the W.

14. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Good scrap by Glass and Witkowski though

15. Stepupstepan

Vigneault needs to get canned after this season. Just pitiful hockey.

16. Rangers94

Stupid penalty after stupid penalty against the #3 PP. Come on. Get your shit together guys.

17. Rangers94

These teams must really enjoy this 4 on 4 action lol. Jesus lol.

And then the refs make a bs call on Zucc. Just let them play refs. No one came here for you all. Good god. Refs like this DESTROY hockey and the flow of the game calling every little thing.

18. Ranger71

I'm really getting tired of watching people try and go 1 on 3 instead of finding the trailer.

19. Stepupstepan

whatever happened to this team offense. Oh yeah, I forgot that it is getting closer to the playoffs. Every season is the same story.

20. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

If Glass is going to make the team play physical, like they did tonight, and team toughness is increased they should just keep him in. Pirri and Puempel suck