Did J-Rich go too far?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by sunsfan1357, Feb 9, 2003.

1. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I've seen a post or two at insidehoops talk about it...they talked about it on NBA2Night so I was just wondering what people thought about J-Rich bouncing the ball off of Boozer's head in the last second of the Rookie-Soph game...did it go too far? The guys on NBA2Night said he did and that kids will be going to the playground to try it the next day, but I don't think they realize that kids ALREADY do that to other kids on a day to day basis...Boozer said that J-Rich had no class...maybe coming from Duke where they appreciate the game of basketball so much had something to do with it, or the fact that he was the one that got embarassed...honestly, I don't see that much wrong with it...if you are in the NBA you are bound to get embarassed, especially during an all-star game...heck, John Thompson, Danny Ainge (who was complaining the whole game), and Kevin Harlan were even laughing at it...so what do you guys think about it?

2. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I thought it was a unclassy move. Boozer knows about class since he is coming from Duke. But t wasnt a regualtr game but an All-Star game so its all good. If it ws a regualr game i would have gotten pissed. The All-Star game is a show-off game. Boozer shouldnt take it personally.

3. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

I think it was disrespectful, but this is the Rookie/ Sophomore game. It's not going to resemble actual basketball, so why get mad about it?

4. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "defrocked":</div><div class="quote_post">I think it was disrespectful, but this is the Rookie/ Sophomore game. It's not going to resemble actual basketball, so why get mad about it?</div>

It was a allstar game and everything but he still shoundt of done it though. But we can drop that topic beacuse its nothing big.

5. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

HE WAS RUBBING IT IN AND THATS NOT RIGHT.

6. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">That game is like playing in the play ground but with rules. Anything they do shouldn't be taking seriously, it's just for fun.</font>

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

was a very disrespectful but all part of the show i guess

8. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

I think J-Rich was trying to show off a lil and be a street baller! Or something. He might of been trying to be funny!

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The All Star games are for the fans and they definately got off on J-Rich's dis. To me it's really not a big deal. Boozer should have just laughed it off and not take it personal. The best part was J-Rich busted the 3 right after he bounced it off Boozer's head.

10. aTTiCuS

aTTiCuS JBB JustBBall Member

i thoguth if mason went last with his dunk, he woulda won, both were sick tho.

11. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with most ppl here, it's the All-Star game aka ShowTime game. Boozer should just laugh it off and have a good time... though I don't know how I'd be able to do that if that happened to me heh :|

12. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

no, J-Rich did not go too far.

I wish both of them could have won it. [​IMG]