Did Reese Even Inquire About Revis on a 1yr Deal?

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by vette322, Mar 12, 2014.

1. vette322

vette322 Member

Team desperately needs a 2nd corner opposite Prince, and for 1 year - Revis was clearly a play worth making. As usual. Jerry Reese is always too slow to react to the market. How he zeroed on this injured, damaged goods, unknown guy from Seattle on Day 1 of free agency just shows how out of touch he is.

I have no faith that Reese can field a better team than last years. Too many decisions to make, too many players to overhaul, too few functional brain cells in the GM's noggin.

2. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Revis is a tool. He's a selfish moron who is not a team player. No interest in him. At first I thought about Revis because of his talent. However, the lockerroom wasn't great last year. Adding an imbecile like Revis wouldn't improve it.

3. vette322

vette322 Member

I think Revis' issues were more about his incessant whining for a new contract, and less about him being a locker room cancer. For 1 year, they could have avoided the former right off the bat. His talent is certainly there, and the fact that BB went after him makes me think he's not a big headache in the locker room.

That being said - my concern is more about Reese and whether he's up to the task. He's had a string of some really bad years both in the draft and in FA, and I'm not sure he's gonna rectify either this year. Like I said - his first move was to go after this guy from Seattle - after months of FA prep work, that's the guy he said "I have to get him first"?

4. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Revis teamed up with BB only to stick it to the Jets and Woody

5. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

The Pats are arrogant and think they can fix any player. I really think the Giants are setting themselves to draft the top corner available in round one. Gilbert if he is there likely will be there choice. They signed a center. Signed a guard. They sound like they are banking on Beatty to be a lot better. They signed Beason. Signed a RB. You can draft a good TE in round 3,4 or 5.

6. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

I think it was a good non-move by the Giants IMO...