Didier Drogba, SCORING MACHINE

Discussion in 'England' started by dycdan, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

He is the top scorer in the champions league so far this season with 4 goals, he is the top scorer in the premiership also this season so far.

He came to chelsea with a high price tag, one that raised many questions as to why chelsea paid so much for him.

during the summer, there was speculation as to his role at chelsea this season following the megabucks deal for shevchenko from milan, but he has proven all the critics wrong i think this season, and has been drawing press attention for all the right reasons...

Last season he was under the microscope for his diving and play acting, that is something that is still present but not to the same extent it was, and i think that has done his game wonders.

2. MrPink

MrPink DYC Gunner

He would deserve some hype because he's a great player and he shows that you don't have to be 21 to be an important player at an important club. I'd like to see him at Arsenal and I think there's no club who wouldn't play him.

3. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Wait until his form drops again and we'll see what you have to say about him.

4. MrPink

MrPink DYC Gunner

Yeah I know he's on a special form at the moment but I think he's a world class player despite his bad times.

5. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wait until his form drops again and we'll see what you have to say about him.</div>Come on dude, get a grip! That can be said about ANYONE.

6. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

<div class="quote_poster">reven Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Come on dude, get a grip! That can be said about ANYONE.</div>

While true, plenty of Chelsea fans, both real and plastic, would have been happy to have seen him sold at a massive loss before this run of form recently. Now they're shouting about his emergence as Pele Puskas-Best III.

The only party other than Chelsea who will profit from this form is Shevchenko. If Drogba wasn't banging them in the way he is, Sheva would've been hounded out of Stamford Bridge for not producing ?30m of the goods in front of goal. He's praying it continues.

That said, I put Divier Drogba in my fantasy team the week before he got that hat-trick which has helped me out nicely. [​IMG]