Ding Dong! Pat Lundvall out as chair of NSAC

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Oct 22, 2016.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

One of the country's most high-profile athletic commissioners is coming to the end of her run.

Pat Lundvall's appointment on the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) will end this month after nine years, sources told MMA Fighting. Her last day will be Oct. 31 and she will not be re-appointed. Lundvall confirmed the info to MMA Fighting on Saturday afternoon.

"I have served three terms for a total of nine years with the NAC," Lundvall wrote in an e-mail. "I considered every minute of it as a privilege and an honor."

Lundvall was the first woman to ever be elected as chair of the Nevada commission back in 2009. She was appointed to the NAC by Gov. Jim Gibbons in 2007. Lundvall told colleagues in an e-mail Friday that she got a call from the governor's office Thursday and was told she would not be re-appointed.

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Her personal attempt to have Nick Diaz banned FOR LIFE was an ego-driven and atrocious.

I don't have high hopes that the NAC will be improved without her.