Directions.

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by spyware, Apr 17, 2006.

1. spyware

spyware JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In a wide-ranging interview yesterday, the injured third-year player (sprained thumb) spoke positively about the direction of the franchise and the hiring of president/general manager Bryan Colangelo. "It's a little easier," Bosh said when asked about making his decision now that Colangelo is in charge. "That hope thing, that's a doozy. Fans come to me all the time (saying): 'We hope, we hope you stay. We hope.' I'm like: 'Don't worry, man.'[​IMG] If this organization does what they're supposed to do, I'll do what I'm supposed to do."

"I think them getting Colangelo, a well-certified GM, he has a good reputation around the league and I'm sure he doesn't want to mess up that reputation," said Bosh, who will remain on the bench for the final two games of the season. "I think that was a very good move. That convinced me a lot." Bosh doesn't think the Raptors are far away from being a playoff contender. "Light at the end of the tunnel? It's so crazy because we're right there," Bosh said. "Every game, besides the (1-15) start, pretty much we were in it. We got beat, really beat good a few times, maybe like 10 times. Every other game is close."

Toronto Sun</div>

It seems official now that Bosh will be the center piece of the puzzle. The Raptors only made that clumsy 1-15 start and without that, they might have been in the 6th or 7th spot of the playoffs. As Raptor fans, our sighs' of relief will come when Bosh agrees to a long-term commitment with a team that can not afford to lose another all-star and not to mention, he is only 22 and was a great help to shaking off that crazy hang-over when #15 was traded. The dark days seem to be passing, as 2005/2006 saw key Raptor players- Chris Bosh, Morris Peterson, Mike James and the promising Charlie Villanueva take their game to a whole new level.

With Colangelo now in Toronto, one of the GM gods in the NBA, what directions will he go to? Keep in mind that the Raptors are already a young team and will draft a few more of those this summer. Will Colangelo look add veteran leaders to balance it all out, just as the Raptors did 7 years ago when they had their playoff runs? Can they finally grab a solid center? Will they trade or try utilize once more, Araujo's 'potential'?

I think the pieces are going to come together one by one once Colangelo decides on the fate of Mike James, who might, in my opinion, be one of the top PG's in any conference next season, but that depends on Colangelo. The Raptors were not far from being a playoff contender and the team they have now is very competitive. They played a few perfect games this year, where they took advantage of their offensive power and added to it, an agressive defense.

The Raptors do not need to sign any "star" players and Colangelo knows that. Look for him to sign some veteran defensive-minded players that will strengthen the club.

And guys, take your girlfriends out to a nice Blue Jays game and some cerveza. Snow Patrol is also coming back to town in June (if you're a fan) and playing at Kool Haus. You can not go wrong with Colangelo, a Blue Jays game + cerveza and some really awesome music.