Diving and the punishments

Discussion in 'England' started by Big Aaron, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Big Aaron

Big Aaron DYC Working Class Hero

I have a real problem with the way referees enforce the "dive=yellow card" rule.

If a player goes down screaming for a penalty and the referee waves play on, why, if the referee believes there was no foul committed is the he not booking the player for diving, or "simulation"? It's clear that if there's no foul and the player goes down anyway, he's, essentially, cheating.

It's probably the one rule that would really help the game and stamp out diving but the refs only seem to enforce it when they need to get their face on the TV or something.

2. Riano

Riano DYC 1st team Reserves

I was watchin' a game between Frankfurt and Bayern M the other week. One of the Munich players dove, and the ref gave him a yellow. The player took it, knowing he got busted.

I say enforce that rule in the English football. [​IMG]

3. Oranje

Oranje DYC *********

Lol could you get a video of that riano?

Yeah something has to be done about diving, cause its out of control. Fans should be able to humiliate players who are caught cheating. Like, for example, stoning them with tomatoes and...pumpkins [​IMG]

4. Riano

No, I couldn't find one, Oranje... Sorry. But wow... I saw some other pathetic and hilarious dives! Haha!

5. Oranje

Oranje DYC *********

Post em![​IMG]

6. Big Aaron

YouTube - Henry diving to win penalty

Henry is one of the worst divers I've ever seen. Not in the sense that he always dives but just that he is a terrible diver.

Before anyone pipes in. Cristiano Ronaldo yadda yadda yadda. Change the record.

7. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">soilborn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">YouTube - Henry diving to win penalty

Henry is one of the worst divers I've ever seen. Not in the sense that he always dives but just that he is a terrible diver.

Before anyone pipes in. Cristiano Ronaldo yadda yadda yadda. Change the record.</div>

lol i was just about to have a go at you for being a hypocrite then i saw the Ronaldo thing so i'll shut up[​IMG]

one more thing this is how players should react. There is minimal contact here but Van perise gets up and implies that he just tripped. That's how a player should respond IMO

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y20IzlwsKu8&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y20IzlwsKu8&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

8. Oranje

Oranje DYC *********

<div class="quote_poster">Maxdaman91 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">one more thing this is how players should react. There is minimal contact here but Van perise gets up and implies that he just tripped. That's how a player should respond IMO[/YOUTUBE]</div>

yeah that was great to see from v.persie, great post max

9. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">Oranje Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">yeah that was great to see from v.persie, great post max</div>

thanks. i aint sayin RVP is an angel i'm saying Players need to belt up and stop trying to win penalties by diving

10. Flight643

Flight643 DYC *********

Think Robbie Fowler done the same thing didn't he? But thats how footballers should react, the game is becomming more corrupt each year.

11. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">Flight643 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Think Robbie Fowler done the same thing didn't he? But thats how footballers should react, the game is becomming more corrupt each year.</div>

Did he? can't remember just remember seeing the RVP incident and thinking what a smart player. If he had tried to get a penalty he probably would've been booked.

And yes the game is becoming more corrupt with power and money now owning the game[​IMG]

Bring back the good old days with your Bergkamps, Shearers and Cantonas i say[​IMG]

12. Big Aaron

So rather than being punished, you think they should say they tripped?

I honestly think that if a player goes down under a tackle and appeals to the ref for a free kick/penalty and the ref doesn't give it, the ref should book them. It's simple. They're gaining an advantage by illegal means.

Any refs not enforcing those rules should be fined and/or disciplined for not doing their job correctly.

13. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">soilborn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So rather than being punished, you think they should say they tripped?

I honestly think that if a player goes down under a tackle and appeals to the ref for a free kick/penalty and the ref doesn't give it, the ref should book them. It's simple. They're gaining an advantage by illegal means.

Any refs not enforcing those rules should be fined and/or disciplined for not doing their job correctly.</div>

Harsh but its what needs to happen IMO

14. Big Aaron

It is harsh but I think FIFA need to stop tiptoeing around it. Sepp Blatter says that football needs to clean-up but ever since he has been in power at FIFA, the game has gotten worse and so have the subversive elements within it. He has the authority and ability to change things for the better but he's more interested in coming up with stupid ideas like shootouts instead of draws etc.

15. Riano

16. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

So all you Man Ure fans are saying if a player claims for a penalty which isn't one they should get booked?
    Well if thats the case Rooney would of received 2 bookings against Pompey because he claimed twice after 2 fabulous tackles on saturday. So was he not trying to gain an advantage knowing that they was fair tackles.
    Here comes the backlash "well Gerrard dives"

17. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">bringiton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So all you Man Ure fans are saying if a player claims for a penalty which isn't one they should get booked?
    Well if thats the case Rooney would of received 2 bookings against Pompey because he claimed twice after 2 fabulous tackles on saturday. So was he not trying to gain an advantage knowing that they was fair tackles.
    Here comes the backlash "well Gerrard dives"</div>

lol you got a point there Bringiton. i still feel stringly about diving and can't wait until it becomes eradicated[​IMG] If it ever will[​IMG]

Oh time for backlash. Gerrard div....oh, you got there first[​IMG]

18. Oranje

Oranje DYC *********

<div class="quote_poster">Riano Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oranje... I'll be glad to post some. [​IMG]

YouTube - World Cup Diving Highlights</div>

Thanks riano! good laughs from the clip.[​IMG]

ALOT of portugese...

19. Hellfire

Hellfire DYC Incompetent Fool

This place being corrupt, reminds me of something.

Pakistan Cricket = Death of Bob Woolmer, the Coach = Pakistani Illegal Betting Rings.

LMAO the ICC is investigating into that wide ball bowled by Harmison, the first ball of the Ashes.

There was betting on that, 20 people shared 15,000 euro....

20. Big Aaron

<div class="quote_poster">bringiton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So all you Man Ure fans are saying if a player claims for a penalty which isn't one they should get booked?
    Here comes the backlash "well Gerrard dives"</div>

If it takes making examples of the big names, then yes, do it. Diving completely ruins the game for me and, I'm sure plenty of other people.

I think it would take the big clubs being punished with yellows or, for continued diving, suspensions for other clubs to follow suit.