do the pacers hav a chance?

Discussion in 'Indiana Pacers' started by #3#WALLACE#3#, Apr 7, 2004.

1. #3#WALLACE#3#

#3#WALLACE#3# JBB JustBBall Member

do u think that the pacers will hav a chance at winning the championship? they hav won the most games in the season and they lost to the pistons by a fair bit last sunday.
    what do u think?

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Anyone has a chance, but the thing is, regardless of how strong the team is, they are definitely one of the most dominating teams in the East, even All-Conference. But there is just too much competition if they are to face the monster powerhouses of the West. East I believe they have the best chance along with the Pistons, Nets and Hornets.

3. KG4ever

KG4ever JBB JustBBall Member

The Pacers probably have a good chance of wining by seeing the statistics of their game, but as Magic Johnson said everyone has a chance of wining. I would like to see the Pacers at least make to the semi-finals. Hopefully.

4. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

I see the Pacers struggling in the Playoff's. There's something about them. I dont what it is. But I just dont think they have enough fire power to get to the finals. When the Pacers meet Boston or Philadelphia in the first round it will go to a Game 6. And from there on both of their next opponets will bring them to a Game 7, where they will lose to the Pistons in the conference finals.

5. J-O'Neal-7

J-O'Neal-7 JBB JustBBall Member

Anything is possible...Of course we have a chance to win it all....Its just all about consistency..And we have found that..We also have other guys doing stuff that they were not able to do last year...J.O was a BEAST last year....And i expect the same again this year..But i expect a much more experienced and fired up pacers team in the first round..Pacers have shown they can get the W against the leagues elite teams...Its just about staying hungry and counting every game as the last..If they have that mentality which they have been doing...One game at a time...Then it shows we have more than a chance to win the ring!

6. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think Pacers can contend with the West (and may not even beat the Pistons) simply because JO doesn't handle double-teams nearly as well as you'd need him to. His passing ability could definitely use work, and he seems to settle for a quick jumper a lot more often than he should.

7. Stockton

Stockton JBB

The Pacers have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs now, even in the final if they get that far. I think the Pacers will represent the East in the final, because they are a great team and the only real opposition in the East for them are Detroit and New Jersey. If they do make it to the final, they can win all their home games and be the NBA champions. But that is easier said than done, the West is loaded and whoever represents should be able to beat the Pacers in a 7 game series.

8. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

Yes i think they will be the Eastern Conference Champs. The Nets aren't very good this year... well not as good as the Pacers, that is. They'll have trouble with Detroit if they do play, but they'll end up on top either way. argh!

9. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    They'll probably have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs, and that will be a huge factor. They, however, will be underdogs in the Finals but they'd have an element of surprise.

10. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

No I don't think they will win a championship. I think Detroit will be in the finals and represent the East. Whoever comes out from the West will still win the championship.
    If the Pacers did win it still would be considered an upset despite them having the best record. But like ppl's been saying, anyone has a chance and I would be happy for Reggie Miller if they won.