Does KG really care?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by magicfrankie, Jul 18, 2003.

1. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

It's too bad there isn't a clause in Garnett's whopper of a contract that stipulates he has to answer one media question during the offseason for every year he doesn't lift the Wolves out of the first round of the playoffs. Then he would have had to answer seven questions.

tha part of the interview is harsh

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Why does he need to answer questions? he is having a break...he clearly doesn't want to answer any questions about the wolves off season..don't see a problem in that

4. magicfrankie

Although I don't agree with some parts of the article, I do see the writer's point...
    It says that KG had just a little involvement in the acquisition of Juwan Howard and the re-signing of Rasho... If you compare that to other star-players' involvement in their teams offseason moves it gets a little pale... like Shaq calling Malone to convince him to come to the Lakers...
    And like what the writer said about the Wolves fans, don't they have the right to know what KG thinks of what's going on? I mean.. Smith leaving, Cassell coming, Rasho leaving, Kandiman coming.. those are important moves for the team...
    At least KG could say that 'he's looking forward to play with the new guys' or something like that?

5. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Kevin Garnett of the court inst what you would call the Grade 'A' fan... he is horrible at signing autographs and isnt up for all the media attention... he takes his summers as a HS student... he doesnt want to be bother about his job during the summer persay a teacher coming to a HS studen and asking him/her what classes your gunna take, when you plan on completeing your homework every night...

Plus Im sure KG has told the people who MATTER about what he thinks about the aquasitions... he doesnt need to let the media know who write articles like this...

6. magicfrankie

there is a difference between a highschooler and a NBA baller.... the money he gets for being part of the Timberwolves organisation...
    He probably has talked to Saunders etc. about the trades, but why not go public with it? That might give him some credit with the fans....
    What will happen next season if they again fail to reach the 2nd round?

7. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Hes paid to do what he does on the court, and he does his job very well. He doesn't get paid to satisfy the media.

8. magicfrankie

not the media... but the fans can only hear from him through the media...

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

a lot of players are media shy early on in their careers, because they don't trust the media and they get misquoted all the time. i'm sure kg played a role in getting these players aboard. minnesota has to do what they can to keep KG happy because he's a free agent after this season. KG is probably avoiding being misquoted because it happens all the time with him.

10. raptors15

raptors15 JBB JustBBall Member

i dont see what the big deal is..why should he have to comment on questions during the offseason when its his break from all the hype? so i dont see why u would say he doesnt care..sure he cares he just doesnt have to comment on everything during his break

11. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Why does he have to talk to the media? I think everyone needs a break, and he gets critizied for having one? Sad, very sad.....