Donavon McNabb

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Philly_Freak93, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

any1 think hes overrated?

how about that 2nd TD to TO, amazing pass. his foot was on the edge of out of bounds, and threw across him to TO who was covered.c I love this TO-DMAC thing,

at one point i was thinkin who would get the next catch, not even thinking of a incomplete pass, 137 Rating, wow. he looked unstoppable throwing the ball

not to mention he broke some sacks, was accurate as anybody,

confidendce iis the key to sucess. rember bears

relax, i know it was 1 game, but last yeaar after his thumb healed he had a 97 Rating for the final 10 games,

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Dawk; You said it yourself, "Its only 1 Game." Great way to invalidate yourself.

3. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

BA, im excited, u know he had a career game, and has been hot since week 7 of last year.

4. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Enjoy your time while you can PF. Unfortunately, a career game is seldom followed by another career game...Except by a rookie. DAMC played great

I also like his Mom's new soup commercial.

5. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

dude... i saw that second pass and i thoyught it was amazing... it just shows mcnabb knows what hes doing, where hes at in the field, and where his recievers will be.

6. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

It was one throw! It was an amazing throw, but it was just one throw! That is like saying Nate Poole is an underrated receiver because he made a great catch at the end of last season (why am I bringing that up again???).

McNabb is good, but is still overrated. He had a career day, but still wasn't the best QB to take the field on Sunday. (I'll give you 5 guesses to tell me who was).

7. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

hmmmmm Chad Pennington??? [​IMG]

8. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

hmmmmmm Brett Favre? [​IMG]

9. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>McNabb is good, but is still overrated.</div>

Let me say it one more time. But is still OVERRATED.

10. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>McNabb is good, but is still overrated. He had a career day, but still wasn't the best QB to take the field on Sunday. (I'll give you 5 guesses to tell me who was).</div>

Nice of you to talk up Vinny like that. That *ONE* pass to Glenn in the end zone was amazaing. LOL.

11. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>McNabb is good, but is still overrated.</div>

Let me say it one more time. But is still OVERRATED.</div>

Overrated by whom just out of curiosity. All I ever hear is that he's overrated, and yet he has the highest winning percentage of any current QB with over 60 starts. McNabb is a good player, bordering greatness. He's neither over or underrated. He has played with a slew of weapons that are less then great, and yet managed to put up decent numbers. He is a good player, and I bet any team in the league would love to have him. Just for fun, here's my top 5 QB's

1. Tom Brady
    -Wins wins and wins...nuff said
    2. Steve McNair
    -Toughest SOB in the league
    3. Donovan McNabb
    -possible the best single weapon in the league..running and throwing
    4. Brett Favre
    -still knows how to get it done
    5. Payton Manning
    -stats say he should be higher, mistakes like thursday keep him down low

12. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

It's all in what you want to believe... 16 TD's and a 57% completion prercentage is not one of the annual stats that makes a QB "Great". If he wins 4 Superbowls, we'll talk about not being OVERRATED.

All this talk makes me hungry... Anyone got Chunky Soup?

13. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Steelerfan, you need to forget about the stats. He played horrible through the first 6 games last year. But the fact that he did NOT quit on himself and the team, and righted the ship, makes him great in my eyes.

His TD numbers are down last year because they ran the ball a lot in the redzone, thats why Buckhalter, Duce and Westbrook had combined over 20 TD's or so.

14. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

E4L, I think you contribute to the overrated comments when you make comments like "possible the best single weapon in the league". Then you go and say his stats aren't great because he they run the ball in the redzone, he gets hurt, and so on. I know you can't run McNabb left, run McNabb right, throw Mcnabb left....etc... but people tend to overuse their single best weapon more than underuse him.

McNabb has the potential to be a very good QB. Unforunately how good is arguementative even when a guy has good stats and/or a Superbowl. McNabb has neither yet.

Archie Manning and Jim Hart were pretty good QBs. No one can put them in the elite because they were the only players their teams had. While it is true that McNabb hasn't had the top names to help him on offense, he has had a stellar defense that will allow him to not have to carry the team. He doesn't have to force anything because over the years, he is not usually forced into a shootout with another team. That alone should give him better stats than he does.

If everyone thinks he is overrated, then he is not because most people don't rate him that high. I think the verdict is still out for me. He is a decent QB, but he certainly hasn't proven that he has elite potential, other than some brilliant flashes at times.

15. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Cowboys don't get so upset just cause I whopped ya in Fantasy last week. [​IMG]

Anyway. We can argue this point to death. I personally think McNabb's positive outdo his negatives. I like his leadership, never die attitude, I like that he does not turn the ball over, he can gain the first down by running or passing. But as you can see by my top 5 list, I do not think that he's the best in the league. But I do think that he's damn good.

16. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I will concede Mcnabb is a top 32 QB in the NFL

17. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Ok BucsFan1

18. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I try to be nice, and thats what i get?

19. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Thats right...Now, where's my $3000????

20. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Steelerfan, you need to forget about the stats.</div>

That's pretty funny being that you brought up the fact that he has the highest winning percentage among starters with at least 60 starts. That sounds like a stat in defense of McNabb.

In response to that stat, a QB is one piece of a very large puzzle, so looking at a winning percentage is misleading. Philly has manned a very good defense and a good running game for years (as you pointed out as well).

SF has a valid argument. You have to grade a QB by his stats first, intangible's second. Objectively speaking, McNabb is average. His leadership abilities are strong as well as a few intangibles, which makes him overall a good QB.

As for all the guesses, allow me to respond:

no
    no
    and no

Thank you for playing "guess who Vikingfan is talking about today". Unlike Oprah, I don't give away prizes for showing up. [​IMG]