Dontrelle to the Yankees?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jon_Vilma, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Steve Phillips mentioned in passing that the Yankees were looking into trading for Willis before the deadline but didn't want to give up our main hot prospect in a package for him (don't recall the prospect's name). So what would the Yanks have to do to add Willis to the rotation? Wang + Melky?

2. bobferg

bobferg NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 19 2006, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Steve Phillips mentioned in passing that the Yankees were looking into trading for Willis before the deadline but didn't want to give up our main hot prospect in a package for him (don't recall the prospect's name). So what would the Yanks have to do to add Willis to the rotation? Wang + Melky?</div>i wouldn't give a top prosect for wang + Melky. Wang is a decent starter, he will always be in the back of the rotation. Melky is a good hitter, but has no power. so he is going to be regulated to the back of the lineup. to get one of the top starters in the game of baseball, it has to be a prospect loaded deal. maybe the Yankees can find another team to make it a 3 way trade. maybe a team like the royals.......and feed them a few millions.

3. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

the prospect is philip hughes, and hes gonna be our #1, and the Yankees have repeatedly said that they are not trading him for anything. I like Wang, i disagree that he can only be backoftherotation guy. I think he could develop in to very nice #2 guys. He throws strikes, gets double plays and eats up innings

4. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If the Yanks want D-Train, they will HAVE to give Hughes. They've said they don't want to trade him, but last I've heard there still is a chance, although very very slim, but a chance that they will ship him if the right deal comes along. I would HATE to see Dontrelle in a Yanks uni.Off-Topic:Who is the best pitcher in baseball since May 19th? Francisco Liriano (1st in wins, era, 4th in k's per 9 innings).Who is the best hitter in baseball since June 8th? Justin Morneau (1st in batting average, 2nd in homeruns, 1st in RBI).What team do those two play for? MINNESOTA TWINS! [​IMG]

5. bobferg

liriano got lit up in his last start i do believe.

6. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Actually he was magnificent yesterday against the D-Rays. 8 2/3 with a 3 hitter. 1 run/ 7 k's and no BB. He's my cy young for this year.D-train isn't going to the Yanks for simply Wang and Melky. Both who still need a lot of work in their respected games. Hughes has to be included.

7. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i would rather have Hughes than dontrelle. he looks incredible

8. Brooksie5

Looks can be deceiving (sp?).

9. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

The Yankees aren't going to trade Hughes, but I think a Wang/Melky package is enough to get Willis if we throw in a mid-level pitching prospect that we're not going to need. However we're not going to trade Wang for sure, and Melky will be hard to get so I don't listen to any of these Willis or Soriano or Abreu rumors.

10. bobferg

i would trade a # 2 starter for melky, wang and a mid level prospect. and willis is one of the best pitchers in the game of baseball

11. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think the Cubs should DFA Glendon Rusch and the Yankees pick him up. Heck, they'll pick up any pitcher on the waiver wire. Plus, he could be teammates w/ his chubby buddy Ponson.

12. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobferg @ Jul 19 2006, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i would trade a # 2 starter for melky, wang and a mid level prospect. and willis is one of the best pitchers in the game of baseball</div>This post is confusing. I think you mean you wouldnt trade right?

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Jul 19 2006, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobferg @ Jul 19 2006, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i would trade a # 2 starter for melky, wang and a mid level prospect. and willis is one of the best pitchers in the game of baseball</div>This post is confusing. I think you mean you wouldnt trade right?</div>Means that Melky/Wang isnt CLOSE to enough.If the Yankees wanted Willis it would probably need to be Hughes + Cabrera OR Wang, maybe both.PS: Brooksie5, it doesnt really matter if you have the best hitter and pitcher if your 9 and a half games out of the divisional race, which by the way what you said is highly debateable, especially with Morneau cause Travis Hafner, Jim Thome, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez, Lance Berkman, Jermaine Dye, David Wright, David Ortiz, Carlos Beltran, Nick Swisher, ect. would have something to say about that. Plus, where did that get the Cardinals last season with Pujols and Carpenter....lost in the playoffs. PSS: Morneau's On base Percentage is 63rd in the league this season....best hitter in baseball my arse.

14. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 19 2006, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Jul 19 2006, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobferg @ Jul 19 2006, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i would trade a # 2 starter for melky, wang and a mid level prospect. and willis is one of the best pitchers in the game of baseball</div>This post is confusing. I think you mean you wouldnt trade right?</div>Means that Melky/Wang isnt CLOSE to enough.If the Yankees wanted Willis it would probably need to be Hughes + Cabrera OR Wang, maybe both.PS: Brooksie5, it doesnt really matter if you have the best hitter and pitcher if your 9 and a half games out of the divisional race, which by the way what you said is highly debateable, especially with Morneau cause Travis Hafner, Jim Thome, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez, Lance Berkman, Jermaine Dye, David Wright, David Ortiz, Carlos Beltran, Nick Swisher, ect. would have something to say about that. Plus, where did that get the Cardinals last season with Pujols and Carpenter....lost in the playoffs. PSS: Morneau's On base Percentage is 63rd in the league this season....best hitter in baseball my arse.</div>I said since June 8th genious [​IMG] . Which I'll take 1st in BA, 1st in RBI, and 2nd in HR since then. Especially since everyone figured he would be a bust again this season and bat under .250, be lucky to get 20 HR and 80 RBI. Well he's batting over .300, and is on pace for 45 HR and 141 RBI. But he's in Minnesota, so he won't get any credit.Who cares if the Twins are 9 games out? They're only like 5 from the Wild Card. Mets would die if they were in the AL Central too. Twins would be the 2nd best team in the SHITTY NL right now, and hell, maybe they'd be first if they started the year off there cause they maybe could beat the Mets a lot.But on topic, like I said, if the Mets want to get D-Train, AFons, Abreu or anyone, they'll have to give Hughes.

15. bobferg

mets don't have hughes......the yanks do

16. Brooksie5

Yanks, Mets, same thing. They both suck.

17. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

It was Hughes. I did some reading. And I'm pretty sure we could get Willis for J Brent Cox and Jose Tabata. Cox is a stud and a future top closer who Huston Street says is better than him, and Tabata is the next Tori Hunter.

18. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 20 2006, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yanks, Mets, same thing. They both suck.</div>They both have a better shot to make the playoffs than ya bum Twins. I cant believe im defending the Yanks but there's no way the Twins pass The Sox or Tigers for the Wildcard.

19. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Jul 20 2006, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 20 2006, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yanks, Mets, same thing. They both suck.</div>They both have a better shot to make the playoffs than ya bum Twins. I cant believe im defending the Yanks but there's no way the Twins pass The Sox or Tigers for the Wildcard.</div>Not my fault the Twins have to have the best 2 teams in the bigs in their division. And we are only 4 games out of the WC. 4 games in about 2 months isn't that hard, especially with the way we are playing.

20. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 21 2006, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Jul 20 2006, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 20 2006, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yanks, Mets, same thing. They both suck.</div>They both have a better shot to make the playoffs than ya bum Twins. I cant believe im defending the Yanks but there's no way the Twins pass The Sox or Tigers for the Wildcard.</div>Not my fault the Twins have to have the best 2 teams in the bigs in their division. And we are only 4 games out of the WC. 4 games in about 2 months isn't that hard, especially with the way we are playing.</div>Not my fault the NL sucks. 4 games is a lot to advance. It isnt as easy as it is. The Tigers and Sox dont seem to be falling off.