Doug Christie whipped

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by notmuchgame, Nov 23, 2003.

1. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

This is kind of a stupid topic but funny nonetheless...

I'm just curious how many of people here know the extent of Doug Christie's submission to his wife.

Like during every game, each time he does something like score a basket, or there is a stoppage in play, he raises his hand and makes a circle with his fingers to communicate to his wife how much he loves her. awww....FOCUS ON THE GAME DUDE!!!

Or how Christie has to change in a different area in the locker room then all the other players because his wife doesn't want reporters to see him shirtless or whatevers. Or how he isn't allowed to speak to female reporters if she's not around.

An L.A. reporter asked Webber about this once, and he just gave a big smirk and said what Christie has to do is none of his business.

In SI, they just reported that Doug Christie and his wife are designing purses together.

LOL, maybe i'm just being cruel but that's pathetic...

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He is very whipped yes...His wife is even going to write a book about making love [​IMG] One way or another most of us are whipped in some small way but never close to what he is.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I have also heard about these things. Its actually sick if you ask me. He is her bitch, yet he makes the money? Plus she ain't even gorgeous.[​IMG]

4. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">He is very whipped yes...His wife is even going to write a book about making love [​IMG] One way or another most of us are whipped in some small way but never close to what he is.</div>

LOL, I've haven't heard about the book thing yet. What if she's going to reveal what she does to make Christie the way he is. Then all the women are going to read her book and all us males are gonna be screwed (maybe in a good way, maybe a bad way). [​IMG]

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

6. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Christie said he'd prefer to keep his relationship more private, but that's not easy because he is an NBA player, a celebrity, and in every game he plays, he acknowledges his wife with those hand signals that represent "I love you" as many as 60 times in a 2 1/2-hour game.</div>

Damn!!! My girl and I don't even say that to each other that many times over a MONTH span. 60 times in 2 1/2 hours!!! he'd shoot better if he didn't waste his strength raising his hand all game.

btw, that quote is from allnets article. Good link by the way, thanx.

7. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">In SI, they just reported that Doug Christie and his wife are designing purses together. </div>

He should be ashamed of himself.

8. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

oh shut up, I would hate to se how most of you youngins are with women, lol. Sure you can act all hard here, but be real.

9. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I've seen an interview with Doug Christie on TV in a spceial about athletes and cheating (James Worthy, Kenny Anderson). Whilst it may be a bit extreme (ie: intercepting a female fan), you really gotta admire the trust in that relationship. Too many relationships break down in this day and age because of infidelity and lack of trust, so to read that is a breath of fresh air.

10. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Whilst it may be a bit extreme (ie: intercepting a female fan), you really gotta admire the trust in that relationship.</div>

What you just said is kind of contradictory. How exactly is his wife's body guard mentality showing that she trusts him? If she trusted him, she would leave the man alone!!

All this time I thought that the hand signs Christie does were religious. The fact that he makes those hand signal every time he enters the game, leaves the game, makes a shot, someone on his team makes a shot, when he misses a shot, when he fouls someone, when he gets fouled, at the end of every quarter, when the Kings win, and when the Kings lose, and when he's about to punch Rick Fox is going waaaaaaaay overboard.

And designing purses is unacceptable. Like I said earlier, he should be ashamed of himself.

11. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

give the guy a break...he's being loving to his wife...so what?

although personally, i wouldn't want someone like that as my wife...hehehe

but check this out...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Christies have gone to great lengths to keep their marriage pure. Christie might be the only NBA player who regularly wears his wedding ring in practices and games, covering it thickly with tape so as not to scratch an opponent. He parts with it under no circumstances. And the Christies may be the only couple in America who renew their wedding vows every year in full regalia, with a ceremony and cake. They've done it for nine consecutive summers, the latest with hard hats on the foundation of their 11,000-square-foot house still under construction near their native Seattle.</div>

love?obsession? you tell me...

12. jbbKing James

Like I said, I would like to see how many of you are with women, but Christie makes me puke.

13. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">What you just said is kind of contradictory. How exactly is his wife's body guard mentality showing that she trusts him? If she trusted him, she would leave the man alone!!
    </div>

You're right, I worded that badly. What I meant to say is it's nice to see they have such a close bond, especially with the way women often throw themselves at pro-athletes. That said I think it's possibly a bit over the top, but it's still a lot healthier than an athlete who takes advantage of his position.

14. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">oh shut up, I would hate to se how most of you youngins are with women, lol. Sure you can act all hard here, but be real.</div>

man...if your profile is accurate, u aint that much older than me. And it aint even about age. It's true ALL guys are somewhat whipped. The gestures, and the purse thing are whatevers. That's a bit over the top but you can at least respect that. But if your woman doesn't allow you to come into contact with other women, there are issues. Both of them are obviously insecure. She has a trust problem, and he don't got the balls to stand up to her. I'm sure that it's not a 50-50 thing. I'm sure she gets to interact with other men. How else would they get things done?

15. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Hes Owned lol

16. jbbKing James

On my end its hard to be in a relationship, for reasons that a few of you may agree with, you just get bored of the same old, ya know. I just don't understand this on Christie's end because he gets paid and is an NBA player, why put yourself through this? I would be having a lot of fun (not Magic Johnson fun, but in the ballpark maybe) It would take something very special, and she would have to bring a lot to the table to land me. I don't know much about this woman, let alone what she looks like.

notMuchgame, I can see your point a bit about the age thing, and a lot of guys get it at all ages, so I can go with that.

Like I had this one job, and even on this guys day off he would bring his girl lunch and come 10 miles just to see her on every single break, I was like dude, you are nuts. I am not saying when she is at work you se some other woman (lol) but geese, come on now.

17. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Like I said, I would like to see how many of you are with women, but Christie makes me puke.</div>I have been going out with my girl for 3 years. Christie and his wife are nuts. That is not healthy.