Down the stretch who are you rooting for and against for playoff seeding!?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Nhawz, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Nhawz

Nhawz Lickety Brindle

Not too sure if there is a thread previously made on this topic, but this is my take. My ideal/feasible situation would be the standings right now. Portland in the 4 spot playing the clips in the first round with San Antonio in the sixth spot. Even tho the clips have given us fits this year, and played the best defense on us in the second half of last game that any team has this year, we would be able to expose them in a seven game series. That would then put San antonio on the opposite side of the bracket so we wouldn't see them until the finals. So with that said, I am pulling for clippers to win every game possible, houston to keep winning to stay in the 3 hole. As much as it pains me to root for houston. Fuck those guys haha. And am pulling for San antonio to lose as much as possible so they don't jump the clips. That's who I'm rooting for down the stretch and an real curious on your thoughts! Rip city bitch rip rip city bittccchhh!

HailBlazers likes this.
  2. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

I dont care really. I want a championship so we are going to have to beat 4 tough teams 4/7 tries no matter how you slice it.

Ill tell you who I dont want to win anything is houston Clips and okc. Those teams can eat a dick and id be more than happy to be the team that sends them fishing.

dviss1 and kjironman1 like this.
  3. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I'd be fine if it ended up being just like this. Wouldnt have to play MEM/SA until WCF.

HailBlazers likes this.
  4. rasheedfan2005

I dont get wanting to see harder match ups later? You have to beat them no matter what round it is.

5. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Get them when you are hot.

6. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I want the 2nd or 3rd seed. I have a feeling Spurs will reach the 5th seed, maybe even 4th best record. I would love for them to derail GS in the second round.

7. Boise Blazer

Boise Blazer Thread Lightly

I know some people here say HCA isn't important but for our team and even in general I disagree. Rip City is an advantage and why not have every one we can. So although I hope we can win even without it I'd rather not have to so I am mainly rooting against LAC, HOU and MEM in that order as of today but that could change due to seeding change

8. rasheedfan2005

But arent they just as hot?

9. S550

S550 Member

Clips would be ecstatic to play us. Quite frankly I don't blame them. They'd eat us up in a 7 game series. We could barley beat them that one OT thriller we had with them recently when they were missing Blake, Crawford, Barnes, very key rotational players for them. Mind you we were completely healthy that game.

I would personally love to play Dallas.

10. magnifier661

Clippers are the team I want to face the most. Flops don't work in the playoffs. So my vote is Houston and Clips. Two teams were refs don't fall for their flopping ways

11. S550

S550 Member

Dame would be useless against the clips. We all know cp3 gets the best of lillard and like I mentioned we could barley beat them with Blake, Crawford, Barnes out that one game. Plus that's an LA team we all know the league would be hard pressed for them to lose in the first round. I wouldn't want to touch that team.

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Mavs are the ideal first round matchup but that's probably not going to happen. Probably will be the Clippers and in the west, the Mavs are the softest first round opponent. The Western Conference is filled with great matchups this season and at some point you need to beat a great team

13. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Dude, if Clippers have a better record than us, we don't have HCA. I'm rooting for ALL the West teams (except New Orleans) to LOSE as much as possible. Plus, I want to make sure we have a better record than Cleveland.

magnifier661 likes this.
  14. magnifier661

Last season, Beverly was considered the Dame stopper, harden was one of the best one on one players I the league, Howard was a dominant force. And Houston had our number in the regular season.

We won the series and Dame was the hero. I welcome a matchup with the clips with open arms.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  15. magnifier661

Yep!!! I have a feeling Cleveland is making the finals

16. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Record Smecord! If the Blazers are meant to be champions they don't need HCA for every matchup to do so. How many times have we heard it from the NBA greats? If your going to be champion you have got to be able to win on the road.

17. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    unfortunately, we're .500 on the road :(

18. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Disagree completely with that statement.
    CP3 is the head of the snake on that team. CP3 is also the best pure point guard in the league hands down.
    But for the clippers having zero depth behind him CP3 has to play huge chunks of playoff minutes.
    Over a 7 game series with 1 days rest in between.. I like Portland's chances.
    CP3 has to lock in defensively to stop Lillard.
    Personally I don't believe the Clippers have the tools of make a deep playoff run.
    Especially when one can gameplan for Reddick/Crawford to prevent open looks.

Won't even get into the rest of the matchups or let alone the dumpster the clippers call a "bench".

The only hesitation I would to play the clippers is they whine and complain a lot so Mike and Mike will bring it up every broadcast..
    Just like Rice brings up every broadcast how terrible Wright is at finishing around the basket. FFS WE GET IT.
    Oh btw RICE, does JJ have two fouls still?! -.-

19. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Well I would take them over SA, but I still would rather avoid them if they have HCA. We just struggle too much against them in LA. Throw the last game out because it took some heroic shots to force OT and they were missing 5 players. CP3 , Redick, and Crawford all are Blazer killers. (Blake plays well against us too.)

As for the Clippers not having the tools for a deep playoff run.....true, but that is irrelevant because we would face them in the first round.

Mile and Mike bring up their whining every game, because it is true! I go to enough of their games to see it first hand. And it works. They get the calls down the stretch.

I would prefer Dallas or OKC (now that Durant is out) but it looks like it will be the Clips or SA. Houston is looking tough so I am glad to miss them. We need HCA and we also will need to win one on the road. Obviously Wes was a huge loss.

20. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Umm.. In the over 60 year history of the league, only ONE team has won the championship without HCA in any series: the 1995 Rockets. That's it. And they were the defending champions. So I think it's safe to say that we NEED home court advantage.

Strenuus likes this.