Draft Day Trade #5

Discussion in 'NFL-Forums Dynasty League' started by TheBeef, Aug 29, 2007.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

El Veneno trades his 2007 3rd round pick and a 2008 2nd round pick to MKIV_Supra for WR Deion Branch....if you believe this is unbalanced or unfair, please state that in this thread

2. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

For branch? I think that's a lot, but that's me.

3. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

I dont see any rookie coming in to help more than Branch will in the 3rd round this year or 2nd next year.</p>

That is my opinion and I am sure MKIV has his own as well.</p>

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

draft picks in the Dynasty League have various value to different teams....a lot of teams have passed on thier 3rds, and at least one team passed on its 2nd....so its not like the value you get in the NFL....MKIV must have a player he wants, or he wouldnt have taken the pick(hes on the clock now)....I thought it was a fairly even trade, because MKIV sees value where we dont in this draft, and a high 2nd is very valuable

5. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>draft picks in the Dynasty League have various value to different teams....a lot of teams have passed on thier 3rds, and at least one team passed on its 2nd....so its not like the value you get in the NFL....MKIV must have a player he wants, or he wouldnt have taken the pick(hes on the clock now)....I thought it was a fairly even trade, because MKIV sees value where we dont in this draft, and a high 2nd is very valuable</div>

Couldn't ahve said it better myself. I noticed people were passing during the third round and I took advantage of the fact that I saw two players that I've been eyeing throughout the draft and I didn't wanna risk waiting until free agency (or waivers) to claim them. So far, 3 of my selections have been players I've been targeting. Maybe the last pick might be the one to seal the deal for a successful draft (in my opinion) for my team. I also did not need that many WR's so it would be nice to dangle them via trade block. TusconClip offered me a first but that may be unfair for those and I looked for the next best thing.</p>