Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by panthersare#1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Here is where we are going to talk about who teams should pick.

Texans are on the clock. I think they should take the best player avaliable in Reggie Bush. They can have one of the best backfields in the league with Bush and Domanick Davis.

2. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

When you're talking about the #1 overall pick you almost have to ignore need & take the top prospect regardless. I think if we were discussing any other option it would be via a trade. Assuming we are not doing trades Reggie Bush has to be the pick here IMO.

3. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i dont like the pick of Cutler if we are to get a QB it should be Lienart

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I think the Saints are going to go Mario Williams DE North Carolina State. That give them a QB in Brees to build around and a DE in Williams to build around 2 of the most important positions to build around.

Also who's picking for the Saints now?

5. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

So are we using the old list with the Falcons picking 15th or are we having the Broncos pick 15th?

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Yea we are using the current draft order.

The Saints have untill 10 am tommorow to get their pick in. Then at 10 pm the Titans will make their pick.

We are gonna discuss who they should take and then whoever makes the best arguement for the pick or the most amount of people think thats who they should pick then we will select that player for that team. This way everyone can get input in for every pick.

For the Saints i think they should select LT D'brickshaw Fergueson. The saints got rid of Howard for a reason. Will Smith wasnt getting enough playing time. They wouldnt draft another DE to sit behind Grant and Smith. They might address depth at DE later in the draft but not at the 2nd overall pick. They need to protect their injured QB Drew Brees and D'brick has tons and tons of skills.

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea we are using the current draft order.

The Saints have untill 10 am tommorow to get their pick in. Then at 10 pm the Titans will make their pick.

We are gonna discuss who they should take and then whoever makes the best arguement for the pick or the most amount of people think thats who they should pick then we will select that player for that team. This way everyone can get input in for every pick.

For the Saints i think they should select LT D'brickshaw Fergueson. The saints got rid of Howard for a reason. Will Smith wasnt getting enough playing time. They wouldnt draft another DE to sit behind Grant and Smith. They might address depth at DE later in the draft but not at the 2nd overall pick. They need to protect their injured QB Drew Brees and D'brick has tons and tons of skills.</div>
    Who's drafting for the Saints though and Grant would sit behind Mario Williams. Williams is an all around better player than Grant. If anything they'd move Grant inside. He's 285 and has the fram to add a few more pounds and move inside.

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea we are using the current draft order.

For the Saints i think they should select LT D'brickshaw Fergueson. The saints got rid of Howard for a reason. Will Smith wasnt getting enough playing time. They wouldnt draft another DE to sit behind Grant and Smith. They might address depth at DE later in the draft but not at the 2nd overall pick. They need to protect their injured QB Drew Brees and D'brick has tons and tons of skills.</div>
    Who's drafting for the Saints though and Grant would sit behind Mario Williams. Williams is an all around better player than Grant. If anything they'd move Grant inside. He's 285 and has the fram to add a few more pounds and move inside.</div>
    Whoever will be there at 10 am tommrow. I cant during the day.

The saints could have easly resigned Howard but they didnt because they are fine with Grant and Smith starting. I think Grant is still a really good DE, and hes would have to put on about 15 more pounds to play DT. D'brick can be the saints franchise tackle that will keep Kerney, Rucker and Simon Rice off Brees back.

9. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

Ferguson would be the smart pick at that spot, but rather than trying to get a guy to build their o line around i think they'll go with someone who is exciting to watch in order to get ticket sales up...

10. bakes781

I agree with panthersare#1 that the Saints should take D'Brick. He's considered by most the closest to being a sure thing other than Bush. If no1 else wants it I'll make the pick at 10am EST.

11. bakes781

As for the Titans at #3, I think the clear choice would have to be Matt Leinart. He played under Norm Chow at USC & of all the QB prospects he's the closest to being NFL ready.

12. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I agree with Leinart for the Titans. He's at the top of every team's QB board in this draft and the Titans really have no greater need.

13. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont like the pick of Cutler if we are to get a QB it should be Lienart</div>
    Assuming Leinart is off the board who do you want to see the Jets pick at #4?

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Since Norm Chow was the offensive corridnator for USC he knows the most about Matt Leinhart. Coaches usally take players who they know are good.

For the Jets i think they should take Mario Williams. Johnathan Abraham is gone and they have a huge need for a DE, and Mangini is a defensive coach. Mario Willaiams has good size to run the 3-4 at 285. He could also play OLB in the 3-4. So he is a good pick for them with the athletism that Willaims has.

I dont think the Jets will take a QB because they traded for Ramsey to backup Pennington. They still want to see how Pennington works out, and Ramsey is a good backup just in case something happens. I think they have too much invested in Pennington to get a QB this year. If he stayed healthy the entire year he could get comeback player of the year, and then whoever they draft will be in a bad situation because he will sit behind Pennington.

15. bakes781

I agree Super Mario is who I have the Jets taking.

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Mario is too heavy for a LB in the NFL. He's 6-7 295... That's almost to big for a OLB. In fact it is... He'd have to lose weight which would probably be a minus as well. He has a tall frame. If anything he could add about 5-10 pounds and do fine at DE in the 3-4.

17. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

So do we agree that titans select Matt Leinhart and Jets select Mario Willaims?

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>So do we agree that titans select Matt Leinhart and Jets select Mario Willaims?</div>
    Yeah with D'Brick off the board Mario is clearly the best player left and Leinart fits the Titans offense perfect.

19. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>So do we agree that titans select Matt Leinhart and Jets select Mario Willaims?</div>
    I think we should wait to hear what J-E-T-S thinks they should do.

20. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>So do we agree that titans select Matt Leinhart and Jets select Mario Willaims?</div>
    I think we should wait to hear what J-E-T-S thinks they should do.</div>
    Well JETS has untill 10 am tommorow. The 1st 5 picks are easy, but after that it gets more complicated. Hopefully more people will join the discussion