Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Steelerfan_2005, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

So how does everyone feel after the draft? Every year there are some winners and some losers, where do you think your team falls?

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Overall = B
    Biggest Reach = Colclough (Coke-Lee)
    Best Pick = Max Starks

2. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Philadelphia Eagles
    Overall = B+
    Biggest Reach = Shawn Andrews
    Best Pick = Matt Ware

Comments:
    A lot of people question this draft. IMOP I think drafting should be done for the future. Shawn Andrews after his sophomore year was slated to be a top 10 pick. he had a lot of personal problem with him mom losing a job and having no money and etc.. It was hard for him, and he gained some weight. It's not like the dude did drugs, or got drunk all the time. He's a good kid, and I think he'll be successful. The O-line was a huge problem last year, and I think thats a problem that needed to be adresses, and I am glad they did that. Matt Ware was projected to be a high 2nd round pick, and they got him in low 3rd round. It's a flat out steal. He will be a great replacement for Bobby T.

3. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I'd give my team a B as well. We really didn't need much so there really wasn't alot of excitement. our biggest reach has to be Ben Watson. He has all the ability but hasn't had the numbers to back it up. I don't know alot about him but all I have heard is he was a reach. The way I look at it is there is no pressure for him to perform this season with graham and Fauria in front of him so he should be able to pick up alot of the little things from those guys, especially Fauria. After the first all our picks were just for depth so I wouldn't consider us an A becuase we were pretty vanilla this year. No big trades on draft day which was a shock. If you count the trade for dillon pre draft than I'd say it's a B+ .

4. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Giants B+

Big Reach: None ( since they got like 3 picks)
    Best Pick: ELI

I liked the pick of Snee. I think our O-line holes are fixed. But no one else does. Petigout, Snee, 2 Browns guys, and Either the guy who broke his leg or Diehl

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Snee is from BC. Thats all you have to say.

6. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Bears A-
    biggest reach - none. I dont feel they reached on any picks
    Best pick - tommie harris - this guy will dominate

only regret is that they did not use a pick to draft jarrett payton.

7. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Ask me next year at this time.

For now, grade is a C. We filled holes and built for the future. We did not do bad, but we did not get any steals.

Biggest reach may be Julius Jones, but we had to have a RB, and they were going fast. If we didn't, he would likely be someone else's biggest reach.

Best wove / worst move: If Jones turns out to be a decent (average) NFL back, we made the right move by trading for next years first rounder. If he is a bust, then missing out on Stephen Jackson will be the worst move.

Contrary to what people think, Parcells is not on the must win now mode and we aren't good enough to go for that knockout punch move. We have a lot more building to do then being one pick away from the Superbowl.

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Dolphins B(about as good as you can do picking 20th or lower without trading future draft picks)

Biggest Reach-Carey at 19(didnt have to trade up a pick)
    Best Pick-Poole(an absolute steal in the 4th round)

I liked the direction of the draft, but they got fleeced for a 4th by the Vikes

9. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Beef you need to complain to the cleveland browns they set an ugly precedent when they paid a 2nd to move up one spot. in comparison a 4th is not so bad

10. Steelerfan_2005

Not to mention, will Winslow even be good in that system? The only thing really going for them is that Garcia likes to use the Tight End. He used Eric Johnson alot when he wasn't injured.

11. The Patriot

The Patriot nfl-*****s member

Pats: A
    Best pick: cedric Cobbs. A solid running back and he'll learn a lot behind Dillion. No real reaches.

12. Steelerfan_2005

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd give my team a B as well. We really didn't need much so there really wasn't alot of excitement. our biggest reach has to be Ben Watson. He has all the ability but hasn't had the numbers to back it up. I don't know alot about him but all I have heard is he was a reach. The way I look at it is there is no pressure for him to perform this season with graham and Fauria in front of him so he should be able to pick up alot of the little things from those guys, especially Fauria. After the first all our picks were just for depth so I wouldn't consider us an A becuase we were pretty vanilla this year. No big trades on draft day which was a shock. If you count the trade for dillon pre draft than I'd say it's a B+ .</div>

I think the Patriot had a good draft. For a team that only had depth needs and even those were minimal, they did well. Holding it together will be the biggest challenge, not to mention a tough schedule. Most teams seemly improved their situations this offseason. We'll see what pans out.

13. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Tampa's grade I say C+ (micheal clayton was a crazy pick over guys we could of used at dt. Tommie harris,vince wilfolk etc.

I think our sleeper pick in the draft (will allen ohio st saftey)
    This kid has potential to start eventually.

14. Steelerfan_2005

At least you didn't wait until the end of June for your grade.... [​IMG]