DRAFT NIGHT

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jun 22, 2018.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Big night for our rangers with 3 first rounders and a few trades expected also as Gorton is rumored to be going to be very busy tonight. Hope we end up with at least a sniper or 2, some size with snarl and at least 1 RHD.

cagedlion likes this.
  2. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Gorton, do not let us down. I’ve been rooting for the Rangers more years than you are old.
    Get us the talent who can score and bang the boards to many Ranger playoffs & Stanley Cups!

3. mrmel29

Shocked zadina is still there at 6. Need 1 more d man with hughes to be picked and we are getting a sniper zadina or wolstrom

4. cagedlion

Detroit aced it with Zadina.

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Really like this pick.

6. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I would have taken Bouchard. We need R shot dmen.

7. RangersFan

Here is why I am pissed. We have all these RFA's. We have 3 picks in round 1. Are we going to make any deals to move up and grab talent? Trade up and take Dobson. Do something except take another Russian.

8. Ranger71

It's not that big of a reach, though a bit surprising, but the kid has a big ceiling and we need high end wingers too.

9. mrmel29

And the isles end up with both wolstrom and dobson. Wonderful!!

10. Ranger71

With one of our other picks there should be a solid Dman there, maybe Merkeley, Wilde or Alexeyev.

11. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

I don't know how anybody can like this pick at this spot. It is a crime we didn't take Wahlstrom. A borderline jailable offense. Wahlstrom was set up on a silver platter for us and we take a guy who would have been there in the middle of the round.

And to boot, Wahlstrom is a right shot. A shoot first guy who can actually beat a goalie with a wrist shot. Will we ever have a right shot winger like that ever again? Just outrageous. Now we get another lefty who plays his off wing. Gee just what we needed. This guy and Buchnevich can compete for the "I play with puck on right wall but if I no score I glide around" position. If anybody has a clip of Ktavstov beating a goalie cleanly with a wrist shot please forward because I havent seen it.

And we set up the Isles perfectly to take two guys who were supposed to be top 10. Wahlstrom can ride shotgun on Tavares' right side for the next decade and will probably terrorize us.

Last year we reached for Lias at 7. This year it's Vitali at 9. If those are your guys Gorton, fine. But do your fucking job and trade down. Don't reach for a guy just to be the smartest guy in the room.

12. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Not taking wahlstrom at that spot definetly questionable. After I saw his highlights, I thought he is exactly what they need. I guess they are going with europeans now.

13. RangersFan

I would have taken Dobson or Bouchard, but any of the 3 would have been better than another questionable compete Russian. I don't know what we are doing. And we have all these RFA's and extra picks for what? Make a deal. Move up. Make something happen. It is just lazy and predictable we'll go for someone off the board that is a reach in the spot we drafted him. Very disappointing.

14. theProdigy223

Chuck I hear you on the D but I was fine skipping them. We picked up quite a few good D prospects last year. Yes we need one on the right side but Pionk also emerged as an NHLer.

Seriously, why does this team hate guys who can shoot? Other than Zibanejad nobody on this team can beat a goalie cleanly. We had a big chance to address it and decided to draft a lottery ticket who wasnt on anybody's radar until he had one hot playoff streak.

I just don't get it. We needed a winger who our C's can feed and who can open up ice with the threat of his shot. That's the biggest hole on the roster. Wahlstrom fits the bill. We arent good enough to be taking risks in the top ten. We dont have the forward depth to dick around and swing for the fences. You better be right Gorton, or this just set the rebuild back big time.

15. RangersFan

To me the point is any of the 3 over the Russian. You can debate the dman or winger, but I would have taken any of them over the Russian. That is my issue. If they took Wahlstrom I would have been fine. I would have preferred the dman, but been fine. To reach again is ridiculous really. Double so with all these extra picks. And the kicker is we do nothing to move up or improve the team. Can we sign all the RFA's, nope. I would not make 7 picks in round 1-3. I would trade 1 or 2 and move up for higher end talent. But not the Rangers. Sad.

16. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

17. mrmel29

Setting up for Hughes next season

18. theProdigy223

I hope Miller falls to us at one of our late picks to salvage the night. Even though hes another lefty I think he'd be a very good fit. And then perhaps Lindgren or Hajek could be moved for something else like oh I dont know somebody who can score a goal.

19. theProdigy223

I wish but Bettman will never give us the lottery pick, he knows this franchise is a cash cow win or lose. It'll probably go to one of his failing franchises like Arizona.

20. cagedlion

They should tank more than the masters of tanking, Ottawa. I want Jack Hughes.....2019.