Draft predictions?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by starman85, May 9, 2004.

1. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

This thread is for both drafts. First, who do you think we're going to lose in the expansion draft, if anyone? With all the drama surrounding Mashburn, there's a big chance that he won't be one of the eight players that we protect, meaning that we can define a different core, protect someone who normally wouldn't be.

Second, who are we gonna pick up in the regular draft? There are several predictions. www.NBADraft.net has us taking Sergei Monya, a 6' 7" shooting guard from Russia. However, there's a huge chance that this won't happen, since the site only ranks players and has them drafted in order of their rank, without really taking into account a team's needs.

So what does everyone think?

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I think you need someone who plays like Mashburn. He was such a big loss and would be such an invaluable asset to have for both Magloire and B Dizzle. I know most people want balanced players with Defense and Offense but it seems Offense, very reliable and present Offense is what is needed here.

I don't think Wesley's will be that impacting next year, so to play SG, if gotten in a trade maybe, we could get an awesome scoring combo guard, in one, Ben Gordon. Too bad he'll be high ranked, I think he'd do really well once he comes. As for this draft you've shown us, he might be good too, like I've said, scorers are what're needed. PJ and Magloire handle the boards well enough and B Dizzle has always been stealing like nobody's business.

3. Fartman

Fartman JBB JustBBall Member

i think we need SG/SF kind of player like Magic said i think we are going to trade David Wesley i think that was his last year as a hornet, but i don't think we are going not to protect Jamal Mashburn, we have to remember that the bobcats will have only 1/3 of the regular salary cap so i think mashburn's contract will be too big for them, i think that there are going to be some HUGE changes in the next season because, we got floyd fired, bass is out, we are heading to the more difficult Western conference, and mashburn having beef with the owners i think this will result some major changes in the team. I personally think that we should get a Small Forward in the Draft... I think that if Courtney Alexander will have a good pre-season he will go in to the first five for David Wesley and D-wes will be sent somewhere with Jamal Mashburn but i don't know how they fell about Alexander, first we have to see who is the new coach and then we will be able to see what the changes will be