Drew Gooden Trade?

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by DirtySouth, Jul 12, 2004.

1. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

john denton said on channel 9 news in orlando that drew gooden will be traded with in the next week....probaly to golden state for j-rich...he said it might involve mobley...cant wait to find out. It will probably be j-rich and cliff for mobley and gooden. I love jrich I hope we get him he will fit in great with our run n gun offense.

2. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

I don't want drew to get traded. He has so much promise here for the Magic. He can finally show the world his true talent now that Juwan's gone. J-Rich is good, but i just don't want this trade to go down.

3. Peja King

Peja King JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TimFlem:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't want drew to get traded. He has so much promise here for the Magic. He can finally show the world his true talent now that Juwan's gone. J-Rich is good, but i just don't want this trade to go down.</div>

Dwight howard will start PF next year, not Gooden

4. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

They should keep Gooden because he should offer insurence for Howard if he struggles.

5. _BN_

_BN_ JBB JustBBall Member

I wouldn't give up Mobley or Gooden right now.
    Cuttino and Francis are really close, so Steve may not play well alone. Mobley also has a good long term contract, and in my opinion, is very underated.

And Gooden is still young, and will get better once he finds a spot where he can and knows he can play. But with Dwight coming in, the power forward spot may be ocupied. I say lets see how they play toghether and if it doesn't work out, lets trade.

6. Wink23

Wink23 JBB JustBBall Member

this team still has to develop its chemistry, and trading mobley and gooden will not be good for that aspect. however, cliff brings in a solid veteran presence who can start or come off the bench, and jrich is the perfect kind of player for our system. mobley is a good player though, and gooden could become something really good too. our frontcourt is deeper than our guards, which is why they will do this trade.

7. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

I kinda like that deal. J-Rich would be an upgrade over Mobley IMO. Francis and Mobley have been together for years and they have yet to do anything. Might be time to break them apart. BUt then again, we'd be trading a big guy. Personally, I think Gooden is a head case but he can get better. I just don't know if he'd want to be a bench player for his career. Might as well get something for him before he bolts.

8. Swish1

Swish1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting crazytown:</div><div class="quote_post">I kinda like that deal. J-Rich would be an upgrade over Mobley IMO. Francis and Mobley have been together for years and they have yet to do anything. Might be time to break them apart. BUt then again, we'd be trading a big guy. Personally, I think Gooden is a head case but he can get better. I just don't know if he'd want to be a bench player for his career. Might as well get something for him before he bolts.</div>
    Agreed, and I think J-Rich and Francis could do very well on the fast break. I agree that we need to trade Gooden before he leaves in free agency in the upcoming years. He is soon gonna be on the bench because of Howard so we might as well trade him.

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

A lineup with Franchise, Jrich and Dwight will be a very fun lineup to watch. Throw in Jameer for a couple of mins and there will be a bunch of alley oops and energy. I don't understand why GS would deal for Gooden, considering they just drafted a PF and they have Troy Murphy there already.

10. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I was thinking about who else we could possibly get for Gooden and Desmond Mason came to mind. Drew Gooden would fit into the Bucks up tempo style a lot more than Joe Smith would. Gooden with TJ Ford and Micheal Redd would be sick. Salaries would be hard to match though. Maybe something like Mobley and Gooden for Joe Smith, Mason, Zaza?

11. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Drew Gooden is going to be good where ever he goes and if he stays here in Orlando he's still going to be rotting on the bench because Dwight Howard is the Magic's starting PF and if Gooden wants minutes the only other way to get decent minutes is to play center and I dont think that Gooden would be the best center.

I like the Mason deal, because Mason is the man and imagine if both of those deals went down some how for other players, Mason, J-Rich, Franchise and Howard it would be a dunk fest.. I know Im dreaming. The deal for J-Rich would be good but I'd want a deal that would get Jameer off the bench.

12. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

That would be a great trade for the magic, it also depends who all we are shipping to cali. Mobley cant hit big shots and gooden i just dont like at all. If we can get jrich and cliff thats a huge improvement, jrich has a great 3 point % and also he can of course jam the ball in the basket which will fill seats, cliff is great vet that any team would like to take on with rookies. He as also proven to hit big shots at the end of a game(sometimes lucky). Although i dont know why golden state would want to do this because jrich is the primo player and just traded my dog jamison last year to make room for a SF,PF position for troy murphy and such... maybe they are making room for euro jordan

13. MainMan

The Magic would get; Jason Richardson - SG Erik Dampier - Center (sign & trade)
    Golden State Warriors would get; Drew Gooden - PF Cuttino Mobley - SG Kelvin Cato - Center (or Future 1st pick)

Reported today by Peter Vecsie(NY paper).

Thats the actual rumor trade which is horrible

14. Anton

Anton JBB JustBBall Member

I like this trade alot. Of course, I'm a little biased and bitter because we gave up one of my favorite players for Gooden(Mike Miller).

J-Rich,Jameer, Dwight. Three young guys to build the team.

EDIT: Not the one MainMan mentioned above. Why are we giving up so much?

15. explosive

explosive JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know what to think about this. First, most of the facts about this deal are kinda sketchy, different sources appear to be saying different things which leads me to believe that this is mostly speculation. Secondly, I don't know much about J-Rich since I don't watch West Coast basketball hardly at all. The only games that I saw him play in extensively were the ones against the Magic where he tore us up rather badly. Would I trade Gooden for him? Probably since Dwight Howard being drafted pretty much made it clear that all Gooden will ever be in Orlando is a bench player.

Unfortunately, Drew had a year to prove himself and step up like he did his first year with the Magic and he could never make it happen. He's just too inconsistent on the offensive side of the court. I really wish he could be more consistent because I really like the guy's playing style, but sometimes he just looks like he's going through the motions out on the court. However, there are other times where you have to love the guy's intensity.

16. MainMan

No the trade rumor i put down is the for real rumor off channel 9.

17. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MainMan:</div><div class="quote_post">The Magic would get; Jason Richardson - SG Erik Dampier - Center (sign & trade)
    Golden State Warriors would get; Drew Gooden - PF Cuttino Mobley - SG Kelvin Cato - Center (or Future 1st pick)

Reported today by Peter Vecsie(NY paper).

Thats the actual rumor trade which is horrible</div>

I don't know, I kind of like that trade. Dampier would be an upgrade over Cato, obviously. J-Rich would be an upgrade over Mobley IMO. And Gooden will probably bolt once his contract is up cause he'll be a bench player on this team. If we could somehow get Cliff with the deal (3 for 3) then that would be an added bonus. I'd pull the trigger if I was Weisbrod.

Only problem is the Stevie might start crying again once his buddies are gone. [​IMG]

Once again, my projected starting line-up:

C-Dampier
    PF-Howard
    SF-Hill
    SG-J-Rich
    PG-Francis
    Bench-Garrity,Bogans,Nelson,Declreq

I can only imagine the higlights this team would have on Sportscenter. It would be alley-oops galore. :bball:

BTW-What paper does Vescey write for? I can't find his columns online anywhere. [​IMG]

18. MainMan

I think mobley and gooden is fine for dampier and jrich but of course its gonna take more than just those players to get primo playa like Jrich. I like giving up another future first round pick than cato, this way we can have cato and dampier and stop shaq down south. Also this would be the new twin towers

19. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MainMan:</div><div class="quote_post">The Magic would get; Jason Richardson - SG Erik Dampier - Center (sign & trade)
    Golden State Warriors would get; Drew Gooden - PF Cuttino Mobley - SG Kelvin Cato - Center (or Future 1st pick) </div>
    No way.

We're giving up way too much. Richardson and Dampier are great, don't get me wrong; but are they worth Gooden, Mobley, AND Cato? No.

I still believe Drew Gooden is underrated because he has yet to play at his natural position without a distraction. First he had to deal with Gasol, then Juwan Howard, now he's looking at a situation with Dwight Howard. As inconsistant as he can be on offense, I believe it is often caused by his lack of consistant positioning. And that would be the coaches fault.

20. _BN_

_BN_ JBB JustBBall Member

Gooden, Mobley, Cato for Damper, J-Rich???

You people are forgeting that Dampier is aging, and Gooden is still young and has all-star potential.
    And Richardson may be sort of good, but Francis will demand a trade is Mobley goes. Its not like he is very exided about playing on the team as it is.
    And then Cato?
    Like Ice typed that is too much...