Droughts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jul 24, 2007.

1. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Is anyone else having water shortages where they live?? This obviously happens all the time during summer, but right now Hawaii is being torched with brush fires because we haven't had any rain at all for months now. This ain't your normal drought, this is serious. There was a fire that broke out the other day that apparently was burning for months underground, meaning that it is so dry that fires are actually burning beneath the surface along the tree roots. I'm freakin out, I feel like my house is going to burn down. Anyone else going through this on the mainland?

2. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

Nah, we just had a good two inches of rain here. Sorry to hear that bout Hawaii, though.

3. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaRdYC26 @ Jul 24 2007, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nah, we just had a good two inches of rain here. Sorry to hear that bout Hawaii, though.</div>what's the temperature where you're at??? Is it still pretty chilly at times like 65 or 70 degrees?

4. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

Michigan is low 80's during the day...during the night, it's low 70's or high 60's. We also just had rain...so we're straight gangsta.

5. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

Actually, it's been impressively wet here this summer, actually. It hasn't been bad lately, but earlier this summer it was actually flooding in Texas. It's really weird weather for this time of year.

6. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

It rained all June here

7. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Wow, then we really do have it bad. I swear it has not even drizzled for two months now. [​IMG]

8. JRICH23

JRICH23 BBW Member

It is raining outside right now, and for the past month and a half we have had rain 3-4 times a week. I am actually sick and tired of it.

9. Opal

Opal Active Member

It has been high 90's a lot of days here... not rain for a while. A few years ago we have one or two showers all Summer. It was horrible.

10. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Big time, we're the second driest state in the US, and f*cking Las Vegas keeps stealing our water to put in their f*cking fountains. plus we have 10 major wildfires, with like a billion and a half acres burned already, plus its been 105 all f*cking week long and when it does get cloudy all we get is winds and lightning.

11. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Jul 24 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Big time, we're the second driest state in the US, and f*cking Las Vegas keeps stealing our water to put in their f*cking fountains. plus we have 10 major wildfires, with like a billion and a half acres burned already, plus its been 105 all f*cking week long and when it does get cloudy all we get is winds and lightning.</div>Yeah f*cking Las Vegas steals it from Colorado also, they use most of the Colorado River water I am pretty sure. [​IMG]

12. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

They do, but I guess its not as bad as the poor Mexicans they hardly get a trickle any more.

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

I was in vancouver the last week and it was the opposite of a drought, it rained nonstop. I literally did not see a blue sky for the entire week, made me appreciate California weather.

14. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

It's raining here almost everyday and the river/canals are swelling. We have too much water right now lol, no droughts. Yet its still hot and humid like always; in the 90s.

15. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Jul 24 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was in vancouver the last week and it was the opposite of a drought, it rained nonstop. I literally did not see a blue sky for the entire week, made me appreciate California weather.</div>that's why I'll be moving there in two years... :winkglasses:

16. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

like Justice said earlier, the summer showers came pouring earlier and pretty bad actually, there was some flooding in some parts of TX. Right now tho its settling back to the hot dry humid as F*ck weather over here. Already tired of the heat, just a bi*ch to go outside for a jog or to play some b-ball outside.

17. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

We're having floods here in the UK. It hasn't even started summer yet.

18. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milgod @ Jul 25 2007, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We're having floods here in the UK. It hasn't even started summer yet.</div>How has summer not started yet in late July? Summer is a set period of time, not the aggregate sum of sunny days.

19. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

It's literally been 100 degrees Fahrenheit here for a few days and doesn't let up. It sucks my room is upstairs and the AC is downstairs so I get basically no cooling except for a fan (which does nothing except for if it's not hot). Old people are dying and stuff man.