duce

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Philly_Freak93, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

i heard he signed a deal in pittsburg, something like 5 years 15 million, any truth.

if its true ill give u my take on him after i know its true so i dont type alot for nothing.

2. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

It is true DAWK, so you can type away friend. What about the BUST (oop's sorry SF, I mean the BUS)?[​IMG]

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

The Bus took a huge paycut down to 1 million. They will share time I'm sure. Tell me what you think Dawk.

4. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I think it was a good move because the bus is done. Even if he stayed for less money. What about Zeroue? Is he still on the team? If he is the demand for a trade is coming when? I'd take amos on my squad any day.

5. Steelerfan_2005

I think the Steelers are just going to cut him. I'm sure he'll land somewhere, but I'm not sure what Pittsburgh is waiting for.

6. Pats37

Thats good. Hopefully the pats consider taking him on though I doubt they will cus I'm sure the consider him and Kevin Faulk to be one and the same but I think zeroue could be an every down back.

7. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

duce is not going to get a lot of time, atleast i dont think so. the bus may be getting old, but hes big like jamal lewis and pretty fast. just because hes getting older doesnt mean he cant run over people still. i think that the bus will be back next year and staley will ride the bench unless bettis gets tired.

8. T.Oforphil81

T.Oforphil81 nfl-*****s member

I agree with you nflfan but not so much to where duce wont get any time pitsburg got him for one thing only and i am sure we will see it next year. you dont know maybe he will make a big impact. we will see.

9. Pats37

nflfan,

Please tell me you didn't just compare the 2004 Bus to J. Lewis and say he is fast to boot. Did you watch any of the steelers games last year or did you catch some ESPN classic game from 1995. The Bus is finished. Staley will start and the bus will come off the bench as he did for a good portion last year. If anything they treat him like we treated antowain smith. Play him as little as possible to start the season then bring him out on the sloppy field in december and playoffs if they make it.

10. Steelerfan_2005

As the only true Steeler fan representing the NFL Forums currently, I have to say Pats is absolutely right. I think Jerome is a pillar of this community and one heck of a guy, but his football days are numbered. He may have a few good runs in him, but Staley better be ready to carry the load.

I think that's the one true question mark about Staley. Can he carry the 20-25 carries a game load? I hope so... or we just wasted $14 million.

I respect the "Bus" but he's almost out of gas.

11. Philly_Freak93

duce is a great blocking RB, porbably the best in the leagu at identifying the blitzer and then picking it up. hes not really fast at all, but towards the end of last year it took more than 1 man to bring him down, literally he would drag a few men untill he fell. hes not a great runner anymore, and hes a pretty good recieving RB, he played WR in HS and i think in college and has great hands with good agility. i dont know if he played hard last year because of contract season, or really wanted to play hard, but last season was the best season i saw him play in terms of his heart.i never liked him and im kinda glad he left, but he was the only guy that played with heart in the last 2 championsh games, and if AR wasnt so stubborn and gave duce a lot more carries against carolina we would have won that game. second half of the season i think he averaged over 5.5 ypc, and if he continues that its good for the steelers. he only had limited carries maybe thats why he had numbers but i dono.

overall:C
    running-D+
    recievingC+
    blocking-A
    speed-D
    agility, moves etc-B
    power-B

12. Pats37

Dawk don't forget who saved your season on offense when McNabb broke his ankle. It wasn't AJ or Detmer it was Duce. The eagles leaned on duce and the def to get to the playoffs that year. I think the eagles made the right decision since they had younger talanted guys to take over but duce still has alot of ability left and if used rigth could combine for 1,700-1,800 for the stealers next season. In my eyes thats all the production you need from a running back.

13. Philly_Freak93

pats, duce didnt win those games, it was the defense that did. duce had a good year that year, but barely broke a 1000 which isnt that hard for a good number 1 TB

14. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

remember ho that AR was a b!@#$ and played westbrook a lot more and stupidly played buckhalter a lot too. Watch both get hurt!!!!! the you'll be crying fo duce

15. Philly_Freak93

buck is a good RB. he is a great runner, he wasnt ready this year cuz he came off a major tear in his knee. westbrook is small injuries prone and we wont miss duce.

16. staley22

staley22 nfl-*****s member

as you can tell by my name I am sieked that the steelers picked up duce, i think between the bus and duce the steelers backs will combine for around 2,250 yards hopefully more

P.S. steelersfan............. ur not the only steelers fan in this forum anymore, glad to talk to another steelers fan...........brother:)

17. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Welcome to NFL Forums Staley22. Great to have you here posting. It will be nice to have a sane voice to represent the Steelers. Hope you are better at fantasy football than our current Steelerfan here. (Sorry SF, I couldn't help myself bro). In the fantasy forum, we have a signup sheet started. We would love to include you if you are interested. Anyway, feel free to pop over to the Chiefs forum and make fun of our defense.

18. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Is that an open invitation for all KC? Welcome aboard STALEY. Have you been doing some major recruiting that we don't know about SF?[​IMG]

19. Pats37

I know two new steeler fans over the last few weeks. I think either SF is recruiting or he has gotten bored with his 1,000 posts so he needs to start a few new names. j/k SF and Welcome Staley

20. Steelerfan_2005

Seriously 4th... staley is the now the 4th Steelerfan on this site... I might have to start the SWO... [​IMG] Ok, let's not get carried away....