OT Ducks athletics imploding

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mediocre Man, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

2. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Good. Focus on education.

riverman likes this.
  3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Scary. None of the articles seems to care that the charges were dropped in a different state......just that he should have only been allowed to go to school........ but not play basketball. So being on campus was fine, being on the court was not. Some guilty athletes get away with too much, while other innocent athletes pay too much of a price. Not sure how to fix that. But guilty until proven innocent is getting out of hand by journalists.

Paine Tablet, Aly and BBert like this.
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

We need to start giving scholarships to actual Political Science majors again...that talent pool needs an upgrade

5. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...this is not the first time Dana has been involved in shady dealings in regards to his players, not surprised by any of this. Wins and success above all else :dunno:

6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Do you think there might be some Nike foul play like Addidas? Do you think there is an under the radar investigation going on to try to head off anything before it breaks?
    I mean, lets get real here. Oregon Ducks basketball rose VERY quickly out of nowhere. Was there some pocket padding?

Im sure there are reporters trying to dig things up, but is there any official investigation?

7. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

We don't need no education.

8. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    We don't need no thought control.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So Stren... Leave us kids alone!

dviss1 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  10. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Nah... no more career politicians. Need to start using the jury system for politics. I want regular people in there.

Pull a pool of candidates randomly. Have them state what their opinions are. Vote for the one you like the best. No parties. No career politicians. No campaign contributions.

The founders were regular dudes. They were lawyers mostly, but they all had a regular life before they got into public service.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  11. Voodoo

Voodoo An American hero

Project Manager
    No offense, but I don't believe that's a very accurate description of the Founding Fathers. Heres a quick summary from wiki on them:

"The Founding Fathers represented a cross-section of 18th-century U.S. leadership. Almost all of them were well-educated men of means who were leaders in their communities. Many were also prominent in national affairs. Virtually every one had taken part in the American Revolution; at least 29 had served in the Continental Army, most of them in positions of command. Scholars have examined the collective biography of them as well as the signers of the Declaration and the Constitution.[21]"

I think oddly our best presidents tend to be career politicians, Reagen, FDR, Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, etc were all highly educated men who were career politicians. Our worst presidents tend to be ones who are businessmen, case in point our current President. IMO what I think is really broken with American politics is not the political system so much, its the media system in this country. Since the mid 1990s the media system has been completely broken and has turned into propaganda wings of the parties, and especially on the right the media systems have begun just flat out lying instead of using facts. Fox News, Breitbart, Sinclair are all straight out of Goebbels play book, fix that and you fix whats wrong with politics in our country.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    BBert and riverman like this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

actually they weren't...most were highly educated and many spoke several languages and were students of history and politics as well as military campaigns

13. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

When I'm talking about our founding fathers, I'm talking about the guys who took part in the original Continental Congress. The guys who wrote the Declaration of Independence. I realize that as things progressed those men gained experience, and many would classify the people who took part in the writing of the Constitution to be "founding fathers" but I'm saying that the original politicians, many of whom took part in writing the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, started out as lawyers and land owners and such.

14. Paine Tablet

Paine Tablet Well-Known Member

If Altman was apprised of the same information the police got in that investigation then he did just fine in handling it. There is a reason there were no charges filed. There was absolutely NO reason those three players should've been kicked out of school and barred from campus for 4-12 years all without a trial or hearing. To boot, the accuser, who was inconsistent with her story and inconsistent with all other witness accounts which all lined up together sued and won a significant settlement. The accused were called rapists in the media and no one really seemed to care that they denied rape and thought it was consensual. The police even ran a sting on two of them by having the accuser call them to talk about it. In each case the player without knowledge of being taped, both reacted incredulously to the idea that she thought she was raped. They both, independent of each other, told her that they thought it was consensual. Her story changed. No one else's did. Her own friends' stories conflicted with hers and supported the accused. What evidence was used to hang them out to dry by the school and the media? Her word. And knowing bullshit and embellishment, her story read like the UVA article in Rolling Stone: buzzword/feminism rape victim recipe. The police and DA did their job. Why, to this day people do people like you repeat the notion that something went wrong on the part of the program? This was a title IX witch hunt that if you have an eye open at all, will have realized by now, that it's been a mounting affront to American justice brought to front by Obama and his misandrist sympathies.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017