Dumars hints of major move (what's your guess?)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by iamme, Feb 9, 2004.

1. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

Dumars hints at major move

Looks like Joe is going to try to pull the trigger on something. Props to Joe D. for constantly looking to upgrade our team. So far, I think his moves have been prudent and long term based.

So any guesses on what the deal will be?

I'll go out on a crazy limb and say he's bringing in Rasheed Wallace :P.

2. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think Portland is giving up Rasheed based on the way he's playing right now. I could be mistaken though...wouldn't be the first time

3. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone else get really excited when Joe D makes deals? He's just so smart, he knows the game inside and out. I think the Pistons need some better perimeter players, but I'd like to see Elden Campbell moved, in which case we'd need some more big guys inside. I love big trades that make waves, but I can't think of anyone available right now that the Pistons should go for. Remember, Portland has already confirmed Wallace isn't on the trading block.

4. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Well they have an awesome defensive guy already, Big Ben, the legitimate center. Maybe a relief would be good. But I suggest something Detroit really needs, they're a defensive Eastern team, quite the rarity. They need more reliable scorers, not taking anything from Hamilton, Billups and Prince, but more are needed, as backup in case they don't play well or will allow them and themselves to perform better. As for who I have in mind, how about Pau Gasol, he isn't that much of a big man, but he's a good shooter.

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Well they have an awesome defensive guy already, Big Ben, the legitimate center. Maybe a relief would be good. But I suggest something Detroit really needs, they're a defensive Eastern team, quite the rarity. They need more reliable scorers, not taking anything from Hamilton, Billups and Prince, but more are needed, as backup in case they don't play well or will allow them and themselves to perform better. As for who I have in mind, how about Pau Gasol, he isn't that much of a big man, but he's a good shooter.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I think the big move will involve one of the Atlanta players, 'Reef, Ratliff, or Terry. The best fit would be 'Reef, he gives them a legit scorer on the court, who can play inside and outside. The Pistons have players with expiring contracts the Hawks are looking for, Sura, Rebraca, Hubert Davis and Hunter. Maybe a combination of one of those players and a draft pick might be enough to land 'Reef.

7. BigMemo

Well, 'Reef and Wallace were just traded for eachother so that rules out those two players. Now there really aren't many players left that the Pistons could want. I hope we don't trade with the Bulls, it's been a rumor but I can't imagine why we would want Marcus Fizer over the players we've already got.

8. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

I wouldn't say that obtaining Fizer qualifies as a major move. We'll have to wait and see if anything happens.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Antawn Jamison is the answer

10. PyroManiac

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Antawn Jamison is the answer</div>

I sure hope so, I would not mind having Jamison be a Piston. What could we trade for him though?

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Williamson,Campbell and filler

Which is what I suggested a while back but Dallas should seriously consider that deal. It would give them what they need, post players who can bang inside

Maybe I should e-mail Mark Cuban and suggest the deal to him [​IMG]

Billups
    Hamilton
    Jamison
    Okur
    Wallace

Is pretty much a lock for the finals.

12. BigMemo

I think they wouldn't give Jamison up for just Campbell and Williamson. We would have to give them Prince, too, and then their defense would improve. They might even ask for Okur. All I know is that Dallas wouldn't just give him up for next to nothing, which is essentially what Campbell and Williamson are compared to Dallas' other players.

13. ludacris06

ludacris06 JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Pistons should trade Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton to Toronto for Vince Carter and Sign Rasheed Wallace in the offseason. Then I would move Tayshaun Prince to gaurd and put Chucky Atkins at point gaurd.

The lineup would look like

G- Chucky AtkinsBobby Sura
    G- Vince CarterLindsey Hunter
    F- Darvin HamTayshaun Prince
    F- Rasheed WallaceBen Wallace
    C- Memhet OkurDarko Milicic or that Rebracha guy

They would have to draft a gaurd or sign one from the free agent pool and release Corless Williamson or trade him for a gaurd so we can release Lindsey Hunter. [​IMG] I think Larry Brown could get Rasheed straight because you can tell he wants to win and a lineup like this could do some damage.

Toronto would be happy too because they get Rip and Billups to go with Donyell Marshall, Mo Pete, and Chris Bosh. It could take some of that pressure off of them because that whole lineup can score.

Chauncey Billups/Alvin Williams
    Richard Hamilton/ Morris Peterson
    Jalen Rose/Lonny Baxter
    Donyell Marshall/Michael Bradley
    Chris Bosh/Eric Montross

The trade would bring so much energy to Detroit with Vince, Darvin, and Rasheed.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Billups AND Hamilton for Vince freaking Carter?

LMAO

15. ludacris06

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Billups AND Hamilton for Vince freaking Carter?

LMAO</div>

If VC was that tight, they would have a better record than the Pistons who have Billups and Hamilton.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ludacris06:</div><div class="quote_post">If VC was that tight, they would have a better record than the Pistons who have Billups and Hamilton.</div>

Vince isn't some superstar anymore, Rip Hamilton fits the Pistons offense much better. His scoring is hardly much difference from Carter's.

Raptors would seriously be raping the Pistons in this deal.

Why trade for a guy who has been named as half man- half a season?

17. PyroManiac

Okay, seriously. Hamilton and Billups for Carter? I would rather have Hamilton and Billups, as would every other knowledgable Piston fan.

18. ludacris06

I like Rip and Chauncey don't get me wrong, but Vince has the ability to get to the paint and draw the foul. He can also shoot the rock. Remember when he lit up Detroit in Toronto this season? Vince's game is very underrated since he's in Toronto where they rarely get any national attention. Vince also brings the energy to the team with his exciting dunks and willingness to win along with Rasheed. Rip and Chauncey are on and off with thier game and start ball hogging. Thats the only thing I dislike about the Pistons backcourt. They also turn the ball over alot.

19. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting ludacris06:</div><div class="quote_post">I like Rip and Chauncey don't get me wrong, but Vince has the ability to get to the paint and draw the foul. He can also shoot the rock. Remember when he lit up Detroit in Toronto this season? Vince's game is very underrated since he's in Toronto where they rarely get any national attention. Vince also brings the energy to the team with his exciting dunks and willingness to win along with Rasheed. Rip and Chauncey are on and off with thier game and start ball hogging. Thats the only thing I dislike about the Pistons backcourt. They also turn the ball over alot.</div>

The Raptors won't give up on Carter anyways. Hamilton and Billups are too important for the Pistons to give up. If Billups is gone, Chucky Atkins will be overmatched every night.

20. ludacris06

Chucky has a stroke and Bob can play defense so, it doesn't matter who they start. How would you know Toronto wouldn't give up Vince and how would you know Detroit would Keep Rip and Chauncey? I really do think this trade would work. Vince looks like he doesn't fit in with the squad they have now. It's too stacked on offense. They need a balance with some role players and some good scorers.