Early ESPN 2012 Top 25

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Da_O, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Da_O

Da_O Abe Vigoda lives!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7537531/usc-trojans-earn-top-spot-latest-2012-look

2. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That seems pretty realistic to me. Losing our best player and our quarterback introduces a lot of uncertainty.

I wish AA were playing OT. :)

Ed O.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I'm fine with AA playing defense. The guy is an extremely talented player, and I love having a gifted athlete on the DLine.

4. DuckySeahawk

DuckySeahawk A Big Hairy American

Anything in the top 10 is great. Especially when we are breaking in a new QB. Good thing we have 3 weeks to get the offense goin.

5. Natebishop3

I suspect it will be Bennett, but I'm not discounting the chance that Mariota could sneak in and take the starting nod.

6. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

I think for the first 3 games you could have a first half Bennet second half Mariota and see who gels the best with the offense....Mariota needs to know the plays inside and out anyway just incase Bennet gets hurt and he needs to take over.... It'll be fun to see who shines, both kids are great athletes!

7. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ideally we will have a series of blowouts early in the year so both guys can get lots of playing time.

Ed O.

8. Ghost Pepper

Exactly my thought!

9. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

A couple years back when Darron Thomas and Nate Costa were battling, Chip said he much prefers having a clear cut starter rather then dual QBs. Maybe whoever is the backup gets some significant snaps in some blowouts, but he's going to give one guy the starting reigns.

STOMP

10. Natebishop3

And that's how it should be. I hate QB controversies.

11. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

It's looking very favorable for LSU's schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they return to the Natty this year, although them replacing Jefferson(since he's such a hack) could be a problem.

Possible Natty rematch if Ducks oust USC? Oklahoma will choke, and this is assuming LSU knocks off Alabama.

12. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    With our schedule next year, starting with 4 patsies, our QB will be well experienced for the remainder of the season. We have a chance of a 0 or 1 loss season.

13. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

we've been very fortunate avoiding significant injuries the last few years. Hopefully that continues, but it's not a given

STOMP

14. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

And one loss could take us out of the Rose/Natty picture, mainly because of USC. We're #6 right now and the teams above us, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, and USC.
    Georgia-The only threats they're facing are SCAR and possibly Florida. Other than that, easy in into the SEC Title game, and the only way for them to drop is to choke or lose to SCAR or Florida.

Oklahoma- Will need OSU, Kansas State, and Baylor to knock these guys out. Although they are known to choke...

LSU- Possible fall out thanks to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, or Auburn. But they beat those guys, it's a clear shot to the Natty for these guys unfortunately.

Alabama- We need help from Michigan to knock off the Tide in their first game, as well as Arkansas. Texas A&M hopefully can do something, and the LSU game with them is up for grabs. In addition, the famous Iron Bowl will have me rooting for War Eagle.

USC-A breeze for the Trojans except for the Ducks. Unless Washington and Utah show up, it's a roll for Barkley.

15. Ghost Pepper

Don't be shocked it USC trips against Syracuse and Stanford before we get to um! Syracuse is a tough place to play, that stadium has caused teams fits.... and Stanford in my eyes got one hell of a great recruiting class and it's a home game for them too!

I'll also be interested to see how Shaq does against their recievers at UW......

16. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

If USC loses to an unranked Syracuse, they'll drop in the rankings but still be in the top 10. In retrospect, I'd rather them going to the Natty than an SEC team.

17. Ghost Pepper

Syracuse beat West Virginia last year and didn't lose by very many to USC in the coliseum ....

As for the National Championship you seem to never mention the Ducks why? Last time I looked USC escaped Autzen last year and we beat their ASSES by 20 the last two years in a row before that! I think Barkley was their QB then too!

18. BLAZER PROPHET

True. But that's also where our depth comes in to play.

19. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

I didn't mention the Ducks in the Natty because the country's coaches have a hard-on for the SEC and Barkley atm. The only way we get into the Natty would be if Syracuse beats USC, but people flock to SC due to loldynasty and even if they did lose, they would drop like 7 places and still in a prime spot to get to the Natty even with one lose.

Or only in into the Natty would be for Michigan to beat Alabama at the start of the year, LSU and the SEC West to beat each other up, and from there our only competition would be:
    USC, West Virginia, Georgia, and possibly Michigan.

Or who knows, maybe Urban Meyer may take OSU to #1 or #2 and due to lolbowlban we would have a #3 going into it. It's too early.

20. BLAZER PROPHET

I'm not thinking natty too much due to our schedule. We would have to go undefeated. Was it Georgia that backed out on us?