Early Heisman Hopefulls for 2005-06 season

Discussion in 'College Football' started by Leefontaine, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Leefontaine

Leefontaine nfl-*****s member

i want to get some ideas on who you think could be the next heisman winner now that Leinart is back
    Leinart, Vince Young, Ted Ginn Jr., any other ideas

2. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Jamarcus Russell (Its a long shot)

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I am going to go with Leinart in a runaqay. Is kyle orton coming back?

4. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

wat about Peterson and Bush?

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Peterson has an advantage now, withWhite gone he will get all the Sooner vote while Leinart and Bush will split the Trojan vote....of course those guys have another advantage, they will likley be undefeated when the votes are due so they gives Leinart the best chance....

6. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Flipping DUH!!!!!!

Matt is a lock once again...so we think. He should be, but the voters might decide that he's not allowed to win twice. Wouldn't surprise me, and you?

7. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

What is U of M anyway? Is it related to college football?

8. the inside source

the inside source nfl-*****s member

<span style="color:red"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Impact">Ted Ginn Jr all the way </span></span></span>

[​IMG]

9. Leefontaine

Leefontaine nfl-*****s member

Ted Ginn Jr. is going to be a force next year.

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Ted Ginn isn't even the best sophmore reciever. Dwayn Jarret and Calvin Johnson are. Ginn was recruited as a corner and I got no idea why they are moving him. He should be used like Charles Woodsen.

As for the Heisman Bush,Peterson,Leinart are the leading canidates. I also like for a sleeper Lawerence Maroney RB of Minnesota. Deangleo Williams RB of Memphis. My pick is Bush though.

11. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

Laurence Maroney!

[​IMG]

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

lol my bad with the spelling but I made my point though.

13. Bearsfan1

Leinart will win heisman

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Do you really think so. Back to Back Heismans. I don't think it happens. I think he should but I don't think the voters are going to vote for him. Unless he goes nutz this year and throws for 40 TD's but if he has similar numbers to last year I don't think he wins the Heisman.

15. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Ted Ginn is gonna be up there just because he can score any way, Their gonna put him at Corner, Punt and Kick Returner, aswell as in the backfield, not to mention at Wideout.

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

ted Ginn is only a sophmore and he isn't the best reciever on that team. Santonio Holmes is. Not to mention Ohio st. is a running team. He isn't Charles Woodsen yet. punt,kick where ever he plays I bet he scores only between 10-15 TD's which won't be enough to give him the Heisman.

17. Bearsfan1

I think with tressel as the coach, his team will lose so many games taht it wont matter if he puts up competitive numbers, cuz winning matters to voters, and USC(leinart) wont lose til they play Miami in title game

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think with tressel as the coach, his team will lose so many games taht it wont matter if he puts up competitive numbers, cuz winning matters to voters, and USC(leinart) wont lose til they play Miami in title game</div>

What are you smoking??

Miami isn't going to get to the title game. I am a big Miami fan but the ACC is tough and Miami doesn't have the team to go undefeated this year. A new QB in Kyle Wright and our starting runningback Tyrone Moss is out for a little bit. So Charlie Jones will probably start for now. Our secondary is still strong and are d-line is pretty good. I am excited to see Willie Williams play but the fact is VT matches up well with Miami. VT didn't loose much at all and Marcus Vick is there QB now and he has looked great from what I heard. Even if Miami were to play USC in the title game USC has a way better team. They lost nothing on offense and they still got just as good if not better defense than last year. USC will win the national title this year.

19. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think with tressel as the coach, his team will lose so many games taht it wont matter if he puts up competitive numbers, cuz winning matters to voters, and USC(leinart) wont lose til they play Miami in title game</div>

What are you smoking??

Miami isn't going to get to the title game. I am a big Miami fan but the ACC is tough and Miami doesn't have the team to go undefeated this year. A new QB in Kyle Wright and our starting runningback Tyrone Moss is out for a little bit. So Charlie Jones will probably start for now. Our secondary is still strong and are d-line is pretty good. I am excited to see Willie Williams play but the fact is VT matches up well with Miami. VT didn't loose much at all and Marcus Vick is there QB now and he has looked great from what I heard. Even if Miami were to play USC in the title game USC has a way better team. They lost nothing on offense and they still got just as good if not better defense than last year. USC will win the national title this year.</div>

Miami has best team in conference, along with best coach. They will win title.

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Wrong Bobby Bowden is the best coach.
    VT has the best team.

I can tell your a biased person.