Early Season Baseball Studs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SunnyD, May 10, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

We all know A-RodGive some recognition to:-Josh Hamilton, Reds-Josh Beckett, Sox (I PICKED HIM FOR CY YOUNG)...More to come...

2. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

Andy Pettite. 2-1, 2.72 ERA, he would be 4-1 or 5-1 but he's had 2-3 leads blown by the 'pen.

3. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

JJ Hardy - .331 BA, 9 HR, 24 RBI'sHe's one of the big reasons why Milwaukee is doing so wellBJ Upton - .358 BA, 7 HR, 23 RBIThat batting average is f*cking amazing...especially coming from a no name player playing for the D-Rays. I'll tell you, the D-Rays have got some great young hitters. Delmon Young, Rocco Baldelli, him, and Elijah Dukes...I think they're only like 3 or so games under .500 so far.James Shields 3-0 record, 49 SO, 3.10 ERA, .92 WHIPHe pitches for the Devil Rays...and he just came out of nowhere.John Maine 5-0 record, 41 SO, 1.79 ERA (highest in the league), 1.17 WHIP

4. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

5. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

PFF if you have nothing intelligent to say don't say it. Bonds was expected to do well because he's healthy. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>John Maine 5-0 record, 41 SO, 1.79 ERA (highest in the league), 1.17 WHIP</div>If 1.79 is the highest ERA, pitchers are juicing.Placido Polanco has had a studly season so far.

6. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Torii Hunter had a 23 game hit streak, but that was snapped recently.

7. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

Orlando Hudson: 5 hrs 27 rbis .328 ba, .390 obp, .518 slg% Brad Penny: 4-0 1.39 era, 0.91 whipThe Chicago Cubs rotation (Lilly, Marquis & Hill) 11-3 2.07 era

8. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ May 10 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>JJ Hardy - .331 BA, 9 HR, 24 RBI'sHe's one of the big reasons why Milwaukee is doing so wellBJ Upton - .358 BA, 7 HR, 23 RBIThat batting average is f*cking amazing...especially coming from a no name player playing for the D-Rays. I'll tell you, the D-Rays have got some great young hitters. Delmon Young, Rocco Baldelli, him, and Elijah Dukes...I think they're only like 3 or so games under .500 so far.James Shields 3-0 record, 49 SO, 3.10 ERA, .92 WHIPHe pitches for the Devil Rays...and he just came out of nowhere.John Maine 5-0 record, 41 SO, 1.79 ERA (highest in the league), 1.17 WHIP</div>Upton isnt a no name, he was the number 1 pick a few years ago.. But they've got a heck of a future, I really like the foundation of that team - should be very good in a year or two..Tim Hudson has also been doing very well, and Kelly Johnson both for the Braves.. Johnson is a monster, and he'll probably get left off the all-star team but at the high level of play hes playing at - he deserves an all star spot.

9. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

Off the bench for the Marlins, Cody Ross has hit .302 with 4 HRs. He played well last year too but he has become really nice off the bench so far this season, increasing his average a ton.Henry Owens, also of the Marlins, has a 1.96 ERA with 4 saves and a 2-0 record. Last year in 3 games, Owens had a 9.00 ERA with the Mets.In 5 games, Sergio Mitre has been great with a 2.13 ERA coming back from injury. He has not gotten any supoport however and is 0-2.

10. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

lol @ all Marlins playersIan Kinsler has been an absolute stud...can't believe nobody mentioned him9 HR, 24 RBI, 19 Runs, 5 Stolen Bases

11. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ May 10 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But they've got a heck of a future, I really like the foundation of that team - should be very good in a year or two..</div>No they won't. Once their players in 1-2 seasons play really well, and want the big money, Tampa will be unable to resign them and they'll go to a high market team like Boston, New York, Chicago..

12. .mastro

.mastro BBW Elite Member

how about Chris Capuano he is 5-0 with a 2.30 era or something like that.... nastyand even as a Yankee fan Im aboslutely obsessed with the abilities of Papelbon, hes so intimidating

13. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I'm going to be a typical Boston homer but some our pitching staff has been tremendous. Josh Beckett 7-0, 2.51 ERA, 40 K, 10 BBTim Wakefield 4-3 1.79 ERA, 26 K (The guy should be 7-0 if he got some damn run support when he was pitching)Hideki Okajima, who has completely overshadowed by Dice-K has been flat out unstoppable as a relief pitcher. He is quietly having probably the best relief pitching season in the majors right now.Okey-Doke 16 G, 17 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 21 K, 0.53 ERA

14. Becar

Becar BBW Member

2 Young guys to throw in here. Prince Fielder- .294 (steadily rising), 11 HR's, 30 RBI's, 24 runsJeff Franceour- .301, 6 HR's, 29 RBI's, 18 runs

15. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ May 10 2007, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Tim Hudson has also been doing very well, and Kelly Johnson both for the Braves.. Johnson is a monster, and he'll probably get left off the all-star team but at the high level of play hes playing at - he deserves an all star spot.</div>I love the pick for Kelly Johnson, he has given the Braves something they was missing last year, which is a lead off batter. Last year, Giles was the leadoff batter, and was to much of a free swinger and not patient enough to be a good leadoff batter, so it was an area we was really lacking on last year. This year with Johnson, the lineup is much more complete and well rounded. I love the production they are getting from him. Renteria is another one that is an early season stud. Batting .333 he is really great in our two spot in the lineup. Most of all, is the middle infield defense that him and Johnson are providing. It has been very good, I think these two work very well together in the middle infield.

16. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I hate to be a homer, but I think were one of the best teams in baseball. Soriano, Gonzalez, Wickman, Yates, Moylan.. our bullpen is stacked, and we've gone from easily the worst to one of the best bullpens in the league.Kelly Johnson is also adapting to a new position at 2B, and he's done a remarkable job the whole season. I love his approach to the plate, he's a great baseball player, and one of the unknown young studs out there. Renteria has like a 20 game hitting streak, Chipper is swinging the bat well as always, McCann is easily one of the hardest hitters to face in baseball, Willie Harris is hitting .450, Francour is hitting over 300 and he's an incredible outfielder, Andruw is a VERY VERY streaky hitter and he's always been THE BEST center fielder in the game. We've got to be one of the best teams out there, and the Eastern Division is clearly a race between the Mets and Braves..

17. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ May 12 2007, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate to be a homer, but I think were one of the best teams in baseball. Soriano, Gonzalez, Wickman, Yates, Moylan.. our bullpen is stacked, and we've gone from easily the worst to one of the best bullpens in the league.Kelly Johnson is also adapting to a new position at 2B, and he's done a remarkable job the whole season. I love his approach to the plate, he's a great baseball player, and one of the unknown young studs out there. Renteria has like a 20 game hitting streak, Chipper is swinging the bat well as always, McCann is easily one of the hardest hitters to face in baseball, Willie Harris is hitting .450, Francour is hitting over 300 and he's an incredible outfielder, Andruw is a VERY VERY streaky hitter and he's always been THE BEST center fielder in the game. We've got to be one of the best teams out there, and the Eastern Division is clearly a race between the Mets and Braves..</div>I completely agree with you that the Braves have to be one of the best teams in baseball this year. The leadoff spot is cemented, the rotation got better just from people getting healthier, and the bullpen has gotten much better. The Braves quietly adressed every spot, which was the biggest problems for the team last year.

18. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

definitely, we lacked depth in the bullpen, and a leadoff hitter mostly. It helps having the smartest GM around, in John Schuerholz - he doesn't spend a ton of money, but he always looks like a genius after every move he makes.Sorry for getting off topic, I'm suprised no one has mentioned Todd Helton; he has to be one of the best hitters of this decade. He is a .335 career hitter, and he's hitting about .400 now.. Leading the league in BA - so hes off to a real good start so far this year. Unfortunately for him the rockies are in last place..

19. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

Sme players you probaly know and don't knowJack Cust-A'sNick Swisher-A'sFelix-MarinersTravis Buck-A'sJoe Blanton-A'sJoe Kennedy-A's Nice eraDan Haren-A's ERA AND RECORDDan Johnson-A'sHuston Street-A's

20. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ May 10 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>JJ Hardy - .331 BA, 9 HR, 24 RBI'sHe's one of the big reasons why Milwaukee is doing so wellBJ Upton - .358 BA, 7 HR, 23 RBIThat batting average is f*cking amazing...especially coming from a no name player playing for the D-Rays. I'll tell you, the D-Rays have got some great young hitters. Delmon Young, Rocco Baldelli, him, and Elijah Dukes...I think they're only like 3 or so games under .500 so far.James Shields 3-0 record, 49 SO, 3.10 ERA, .92 WHIPHe pitches for the Devil Rays...and he just came out of nowhere.John Maine 5-0 record, 41 SO, 1.79 ERA (highest in the league), 1.17 WHIP</div>Are you serious? BJ Upton is far from a no-name player. He has been one of the top prospects in baseball, for a while now.