Eddie Robinson Trying to Come Full Circle

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by Shapecity, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LAS VEGAS -- At 29, Eddie Robinson is nearly eight years older than most of the players he's competing against this week at the Vegas Summer League.

But like them, Robinson is trying to prove he can contribute next season. After taking a year off to recover from toe surgery, Robinson wants back into the NBA, and the Hornets are at the top of his list.

"The Hornets are my first choice before anybody," said Robinson, a 6-foot-9 small forward who is playing on the Hornets' summer league team. "I'm looking at whoever wants to give me an opportunity, and then I'll have to go with that. But the Hornets will always be my first option because they gave me an opportunity to come back into the league."

Robinson is a five-year veteran who started his career with the Hornets in Charlotte during the 1999-2000 season.

After playing two seasons with the Hornets, Robinson signed a five-year, $31.2 million free-agent contract to join the Chicago Bulls before the 2001-02 season.

Robinson didn't live up to expectations in Chicago, never averaging more than 6.7 points in three seasons, mainly as a reserve. </div>

Source

2. Char

Char JBB Nowitzness

I always liked ERob's game, good dunks and espeically his rainbow shots. He'd be a good veteran to have around the youngsters on the Hornets.