Edgerrin James Signs with Arizona

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by vikingfan, Mar 12, 2006.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Total of a 4 year contract, no idea on the money. AZ is looking pretty good - get a star QB in there, upgrade the defense a little, and they will be a force.

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I didn't see that one coming. That takes the Colts down a peg at the same time.

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I think this almost assures the Colts are going to get Laurence Maroney.

Your looking at DeAngelo Williams going to Baltimore. He's an every down back and that's what they need.

Maybe LenDale goes to the Vikings but in all likey hood he doesn't with the Chestor Taylor signing. So White may fall to New England possibly. Then you have Maroney probably fall to the Colts. This really affects the draft.

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

IMO Maroney is going to be a better pro. He has nice size and speed, and can catch the ball. Williams has durablity problems and is a little small.

Representing the cardinals in the mock draft i think im going to draft an offensive tackle to help protect Warner. Or ill be hoping that Veron Davis falls to me. I might consider taking a CB/S to go opposite Rolle if they dont get CB Allen in free agency.

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

I think Marouney could be a product of the system but I don't know for sure. If he lands with a team thay runs a Zoneblocking scheme he should have alot more success.

6. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

good for Ary they need a good team soon!

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Maroney isn't near as big as people think. 5-11 215. Williams is 5-8 208. Williams will be a better pro in my opinion.

Maroney also isn't that much of a threat out of the back field at all. DeAngelo Williams is the all time leader in total yards in NCAA D-1 history. He's a much better back out of the back field than Maroney. In fact Maroney is probably a one dimensional back but would fit nicely in Denver or Indy.

Cardinals definatly could go Winston Justice or Vernon Davis now. I wouldn't rule out Haloti Ngata.

8. schillah

schillah nfl-*****s member

good pick up

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Vic Carucci rates Maroney as the 2nd best back, and Williams 5th. He put Joseph Addai in front of williams.

I think Addai is going to end up most likely with the Colts

10. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Vic Carucci rates Maroney as the 2nd best back, and Williams 5th. He put Joseph Addai in front of williams.

I think Addai is going to end up most likely with the Colts</div>
    Good for Vic. He's wrong!!! Williams will be off the board before Addai. 2nd or 3rd back off the board. Guarntee.

He's not a scout. He doesn't rate talent. He's just a reporter that needs to put something on the site.

12. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Carucci is an idiot.

The top 5 RB's IMO (in order) are; Bush, LenDale, DeAngelo, Maroney, & Calhoun.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Carucci is an idiot.

The top 5 RB's IMO (in order) are; Bush, LenDale, DeAngelo, Maroney, & Calhoun.</div>
    I pretty much agree. I like DeAngelo over LenDale because of LenDales poor attitude. He's been reported out of shape.

The 5th back is a tough call. Addai, Caulhon, and Drew could go in any order after the fab 4.

Right now I would say Bush to Texans, Williams to Ravens, White is the tough call. Vikings or Pats would make sense. Maroney to Colts.

Addai, Caulhon, and Drew could go to the Jets in round 2. The Falcons and Jaguars are both in the market for a back as well.

14. Black+gold_Steelers_1

Black+gold_Steelers_1 nfl-*****s member

thats scary edge is one of the top 5 running backs.... goin to an up and coming team..... they have it at all positions on offense plus the Dfense has been lookin more promising ... he can take that extra pressure off of warner which quietly had a good yr last imagine that ADDED dimension mind boggling!!!!!!!!! i'm not a cardinal fan but i wouldn't mind seeing them suceed after many years of disappointment.... and being in the pit of despair and pretty much the laughing stock of the whole league bravo great pickup!!!!!!

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I see Marony going to Minnesta and LenDale going to the Ravens. Then Williams will head after them. And if he does get drafted before the colts pick i think the Colts will be forced to draft Addai, but they will probly make a strong attempt to trade up and get Williams if he is avaliable.

I think Marony is the best fit back for the Vikings system. And Williams is too small to play the kind of ball the ravens want to play. They want to power run the football so they will probly pick Lendale.

16. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

Looks like Indy's gonna be loseing a few more games next season. They are now becomeing one of those teams that do really good for a while and should win a Super Bowl but don't and then suck.

17. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I see Marony going to Minnesta and LenDale going to the Ravens. Then Williams will head after them. And if he does get drafted before the colts pick i think the Colts will be forced to draft Addai, but they will probly make a strong attempt to trade up and get Williams if he is avaliable.

I think Marony is the best fit back for the Vikings system. And Williams is too small to play the kind of ball the ravens want to play. They want to power run the football so they will probly pick Lendale.</div>
    I really don't see the Vikings drafting a RB now that they signed Taylor. I think they will probably focus more on the best player available rather than drafting by perceived need.

18. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

IDK, I think the top 5 RB prospects are:

Bush
    White
    Maroney
    Williams
    Addai

Now the Cards should look at linemen in the draft to help Edge in the running game.

Here's how the draft with RBs should go:

Bush is obvious to Houston
    Baltimore gets LenDale
    Vikings will likely get Maroney
    Colts get Williams
    Addai drops to early 2nd

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Geeshh go read some scouting reports on DeAngelo Williams. If you know someone close to the buisness please ask them. No way does Maroney go before Williams. It will not happen.

Every team has walked away impressed with his attitude. His play on the field and nobody impressed quite like he and D'Bricashaw Ferguson did at the Senior Bowl.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Ravens I bet go DeAngelo Williams over LenDale White. They need a home run threat and someone who is proven and can be a primary back. Just becaue White has weight don't mean he can carry the load.

It'll go like this. As of now if thd draft happened yesterday

Bush - Texans
    Williams - Ravens
    White - I'll go out on a limb and say the Patroits
    Maroney - Colts

Maybe and maybe White can go ahead of Williams but NO WAY and Porky means NO WAY (hahaha) does Maroney go before Williams.

20. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Geeshh go read some scouting reports on DeAngelo Williams. If you know someone close to the buisness please ask them. No way does Maroney go before Williams. It will not happen.

Every team has walked away impressed with his attitude. His play on the field and nobody impressed quite like he and D'Bricashaw Ferguson did at the Senior Bowl.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Ravens I bet go DeAngelo Williams over LenDale White. They need a home run threat and someone who is proven and can be a primary back. Just becaue White has weight don't mean he can carry the load.

It'll go like this. As of now if thd draft happened yesterday

Bush - Texans
    Williams - Ravens
    White - I'll go out on a limb and say the Patroits
    Maroney - Colts

Maybe and maybe White can go ahead of Williams but NO WAY and Porky means NO WAY (hahaha) does Maroney go before Williams.</div>
    I would not blame a team if they took deangelo over bush. I am more convinced he will a success in pros than I am that bush will. Maroney i dont see being anything special