End of Season Player Review

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by worldchamps9903, Apr 26, 2004.

1. worldchamps9903

worldchamps9903 JBB JustBBall Member

Mike Redd- All-Star, amazing scorer, candidate for MIP, January Eastern Conference Player of the Month. And will only improve. Just remember, Mike was taken #43 in the 2000 draft, meaning every team passed on him. (A)

Joe Smith- Locked down the middle, had close to 20 double-doubles, and was very consistant. Don't forget the shades! Will be a great asset for the Bucks for the next few years. (B+)

Tj Ford- Was totally gypped from the Rook-Soph Game. If not for the injury, would have really been a matchup problem for any opponent. Lets hope for better health next year. (B+)

Dez Mason- Probably the most well rounded player for the Bucks this year. Not a game went by where him and Damon didn't hook up for an amazing ally-oop. Still improving his shot. ([​IMG]

Damon Jones- What a breakout year. Who knew he was an amazing passer? Him and Dez were classic. Inconsistant on his shot, but never gave up the rock. (B+)

Brian Skinner- A rock in the middle, and is the best rebounding C the Bucks have had in years. Too bad he was injured. (B-)

Dan Gadsuric- While Skinner was injured, came into his own. Had moments where you were just stunned at his athleticism and his ability to defend. Tailed off at the end, but will find a way into the rotation in the future. (B-)

Keith Van Horn- Lenny Harris totally swiped the Knicks. Keith played great, but sometimes hurt the Bucks when his shot was off. I would love to see him after a full training camp with the team. (C+)

Toni Kukoc- When he was on the floor, the offense clicked. Not expecting him back, and was almost no help on the defensive side. Sometimes he just out-fundamentaled(?) the opponent and scored easily. Will be a solid player for another team next year. (B-)

Brevin Knight- Was a way better defender then his size would indicate. Good passer, poor outside shooter, and towards the end realized his role with the team, and played very well. With Tj coming back, he might not fit on next year's roster. ([​IMG]

Marcus Haislip- Never got to play, but when he did, showed flashes of an amazing athlete with an outside shot. I will love to see him get minutes, but until then, will be on the end of the bench. (D)

Dan Santiago- When Skinner went down, was a good post scorer and rebounder. I loved his tough style of play, and really took a beating, but always stayed composed. With another team, would shine, but the Bucks are too stocked at the 5. ©

Erick Strickland- Understood his role, and played well when he had the chance. Hard nosed defender. Lots of people wanted him to get more minutes, but Damon really was a better choice at the PG spot. (D)

Tim Thomas- Before he was traded, was putting up career numbers. Still, his potential never was lived up. He should have played at the level that he could. ©

Joel Prysbilla- Did nothing until he was in Atlanta. I think he had 1 rebound total. Good luck Joel. (F)

Dan Langli- All I could say was that watched the game where he hit his only 3 as a Buck. Good job. (D-)

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

It's great to hear that Redd and DMase were rated so high. They deserve it, DMase is one of my sleepers, next year he'll be a superstar I think. The Reggie Miller to the eye, didn't affect Redd too much thank goodness. I think you should rate Skinner high though, he has been so invaluable to your team's success along with Smith. TJ should be a bit lower, he can't really provide for you offensively.

I like what you've said about Jones, what you said about Van Horn is sad but true. I believe Gadzuric should be higher though regardless of injuries or missed games. The times he has played, he's really been a factor. TJ won't be the same, that injury's gonna kill him.

3. Saves

Saves JBB JustBBall Member

Good stuff. Magic, I disagree slightly about Dez becoming a superstar...but he'll certainly be a great asset to the team. I pretty much agree with every rating there, except for Pryzbilla of course. He's 'A' material. SOLID GOLD.

4. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

5. ReRun

ReRun JBB JustBBall Member

one thing, i dont think knight and ford should be that high. knight is a C or if generous a C+, Ford is a B-, B if generous.

6. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with you worldchamp, I am also glad that Redd was rated very high, he is going to be the bucks future.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Mike Redd- Our All-Star, our future, Redd is who we will be looking to in the future and with his great attitude and will to improve, he will just continues to get better. (A+)

Joe Smith- He played good, he had a few minor injuries here and there but nothing big and was a decent shot blocking presence in the middle. He also caught fire at times with his mid range jumper. (B+)

Tj Ford- He was good this season, and helped the team play up tempo. The injury he had was very dissapointing, and he had a decent season but he'll really need to work on his shooting and scoring abilities. (C+)

Desmond Mason- Desmond can be a starter and put up pretty good numbers, and he can be a spark off the bench, he played great this season. He'll always be a guy putting up 13-17 points, grabbing some boards and playing good defense while giving you energy, so that's always good. (B+)

Damon Jones- Damon really impressed me with his passing, and one thing he had over TJ was that he could hit the outside shot. When TJ went down he really took over the starting PG spot and played well, he averaged about 7.5 assists after TJ got injured. He might have been inconsistent at times but he was able to stroke it. (B+)

Brian Skinner- The injury in the beginning was disheartening, but he played well while he was healthy and was a good option at the center spot. ([​IMG]

Dan Gadsuric- Gadzuric was very fast, atheltic, and could run the break like a mad man, but his offense is still very raw and he needs to work on his shooting still. He did very well coming off the bench, and while Skinner was down but he needs improvements in some areas. His game is still raw. (C+)

Keith Van Horn- Play defense KVH, play defense. I don't know how Tim Thomas was supposed to be an improvement to KVH for the Knicks. They're both big SF's who are good shooters, and bad defenders, but Van Horn rebounds much much better. (C+)

Toni Kukoc- Kukoc always looking to pass, he was a good spark off the bench and was very good with the offense. He was a terrible defender though, even worse than KVH and Timmy. (B-)

Brevin Knight- He did good while he was there and even though he's undersized he was a pest on defense. Brevin complains too much though and his shot is nothing special but better than TJ's. He's a good passer and see's the floor well and was a good backup at the Point with TJ down. (B-)

Marcus Haislip- Haislip is still too raw, extrmely atheletic and can run the floor, but his game needs a lot of polishing before he can be getting consistent minutes. (D-)

Dan Santiago- Santiogo didn't do bad when he was getting PT in the beginning, but he also didn't fit with the running style. He held it down at the Center position though, but Gadzuric and Skinner are better (D+)

Erick Strickland- He did what he was supposed to do and nothing more or less. (C-)

Tim Thomas- Timmy you need to learn how to rebound. I know it's been like that his whole career, but at 6'10 4 rebounds doesn't cut it when you're playing 30+ minutes. (C-)

Joel Prysbilla- Joe Who? Yup exactly, just tall, and he knows how to block and rebound because he's tall, but has not offense, he showed some skill up in ATL. (F)

Dan Langli- Why is Langhi in the NBA lol, don't know what to say, how much of him did I actually see to judge? 2 games? (D-)