ESPN Sources: Deuce McAllister has a torn ACL

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Dissonance19, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

link</p>

The reeling <u><font color="#000000">New Orleans Saints</font></u> may have lost much more than a game on Monday.</p>

Two Saints sources told ESPN's Ed Werder after the 31-14 loss to the <u><font color="#000000">Tennessee Titans</font></u> that the preliminary diagnosis on running back <u><font color="#000000">Deuce McAllister</font></u> is that he has a torn ACL in his left knee and will likely miss the remainder of the season.</p>

An MRI is scheduled for Tuesday to confirm that diagnosis. Officially, the Saints say only that McAllister has a left knee injury and will have an MRI.</p>

McAllister limped off after catching a 1-yard pass and going down awkwardly with about 8 minutes left in the half. He was checked out on the sideline, then headed off for further treatment. He didn't return to the game.

McAllister finished with 5 yards on four carries, and <u><font color="#000000">Reggie Bush</font></u> managed only 15 yards. The Saints struggled to 34 yards on the ground while falling to 0-3.</p>

McAllister rushed for 1,057 yards and 10 touchdowns last season as New Orleans made it to the NFC Championship Game before losing to the <u><font color="#000000">Chicago Bears</font></u>.</p>

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

This team is absolutely screwed. Their offensive line isn't doing crap, Brees is facing constant pressure, Bush doesn't even have the opportunity to get out of the backfield...call it a season.</p>

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

With McAllister gone, maybe Reggie Bush has a chance to get me *gasp* three...maybe FOUR points a week?</p>

Ugh... Still kicking myself for wasting a relatively high pick on him.</p>

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Now the world gets to see what Ive been saying for 2 years....Reggie Bush isnt ready to carry a load....his running style isnt condusive to a 350 touch season and the Texans made the correct pick when they passed and took Mario Williams</p>

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Damn it! I have him on both my fantasy football teams. I despise fantasy football. They had another RB tearing it up in the preseason, Woods? or something.</p>

Tough loss for the Saints, potentially great news if Reggie Bush is on your fantasy team. He scored two TDs last night, which would have probably been scored by Deuce had he been available.</p>

6. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Man what a lame injury, I think Deuce is a little injury prone to be honest. He hurt himself after he jumped very high and came down awkwardly.</p>

Brees is also in a slump, last night was atrocious.</p>

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Wow, this will hurt the Saints big time. They've not played up to par so far this season and without McAllister this team looks like it's going to bomb the rest of the season. Reggie Bush really needs to step up now.</p>

8. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

This kills the Saints, because he was their most realistic threat in the running game. I have a ton of confidence in Bush, but I dont think Bush has the confidence in his offensive line to run between the tackles. If he would quit dancing in the backfield and just hit the hole he would have much more success.</p>

9. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Nothing is going right for them, I wonder if they'll consider drafting a QB this season, or stick with Drew Brees, theres a long time to go, but it's not looking good for 1TD/ 6 INT ouch</p>

10. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

When it couldn't get any worst for the Saints, so far there season has been crap there not playing good and there offensive line stinks.I thought they were going to be a better team than last year.</p>