Essien with ?90,000-a-week deal

Discussion in 'England' started by dycdan, Nov 20, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Chelsea to reward Essien with ?90,000-a-week deal
    November 20, 2006

Michael Essien is set to be rewarded by Chelsea for his great form this season with a bumper new deal.
    The Daily Mail says Chelsea have opened talks with Essien over a new contract that will see him join the club's top earners.

The Ghanaian is ready to negotiate a deal worth around ?90,000 a week.</div>Essien has started the season like a steam train. Outstanding player. But more than any footballer deserves. [​IMG]

2. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah he's playing well but he's not that good.

Ridiculous money.

How much he is on at the moment? I'm sure it's over £50k per week.

Who could posibly spend £90k per week?

3. dycdan

Amazes me how clubs earn £90k a week to pay their players... I'd rather they ditched the odd player and have free tickets for games or something to that effect - as it could be done easierly.

4. SoilBorn

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Amazes me how clubs earn ?90k a week to pay their players... I'd rather they ditched the odd player and have free tickets for games or something to that effect - as it could be done easierly.</div>

Dan, the wages your lot are throwing around leaves you with zero to say on this subject! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dycdan

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dan, the wages your lot are throwing around leaves you with zero to say on this subject! </div>Why? Didn't I just make my thoughts clear? also its not just Chelsea players getting paid ridiculous amounts for wages, its almost every professional footballer! Including your beloved Manchester United. [​IMG]

6. SoilBorn

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why? Didn't I just make my thoughts clear? also its not just chelsea players getting paid ridiculous amounts, its almost every professional footballer! Including your beloved Manchester United.</div>

Chelsea's wage bill is ?38m more than Manchester United, the nearest in terms of money, at appprox. ?115m and is more than any other club in the world. That's nearly 50% more than United's wage bill.

7. dycdan

There is absolute nothing wrong with Chelsea as a club wage bill, they're one of few who can afford it - so why not? Unlike others who are forced to screw fans out of money with raised ticket prices just to keep the player happy. [​IMG]

In my book thats a huge positive for Chelsea. [​IMG][​IMG]

8. SoilBorn

You do realise Chelsea's ticket prices are one of the highest in the league, right? And the club itself doesn't afford the wages at all. They post huge losses. It's all the Russian sugardaddy.

9. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

I think thats his point, Chelsea can afford it because of the one you call sugardaddy.

10. SoilBorn

<div class="quote_poster">reven Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think thats his point, Chelsea can afford it because of the one you call sugardaddy.</div>

Yeah, I see that, but it's not Chelsea the club as a company affording it, therefore, they are operating at massive losses. I'm surprised the government hasn't interviened as they don't let any other company, regardless of size or stature, run knowing they'll post massive losses year after year.

11. dycdan

You really think Chelsea are planning to make losses year after year? Give them some credit.

If that were the case you'd expect everyone to stick around knowing that? [​IMG]

12. SoilBorn

The Gravy Train, especially one Made In Moscow, has very persuasive powers.

The fact that Chelsea have a £115m wage bill, on top of operating costs and transfer money, they're not making an estimated £200m+ profit. The second highest profits are posted by Tottenham and they are far less than £200m.

Trust me, all the time this Abramovich-era of massive spending on wages and transfers is in effect, Chelsea, as a business, will never post any sort of profit.

13. dycdan

If you say so, but seeing as Abramovich is a walking-talking successful multi-billionaire, richest Russian, networth $18.2bill.. think he knows what his doing, enough said.

14. SoilBorn

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If you say so, but seeing as Abramovich is a walking-talking successful multi-billionaire, richest Russian, networth $18.2bill.. think he knows what his doing, enough said.</div>

Again he's as rich as he is due to Russia's corrupt ruling regime at the time. We've covered this in plenty of the other threads.

15. dycdan

All I'm trying to say is he MUST know what his doing, if you think his going to walk away from Chelsea and leave it in a corrupt mess then you're sadly mistaken. His invested heavily into Chelsea and if he were to leave, he would obviously sell the club and not just walk away.

Tell me how many years this has to continue? I mean its becoming a broken record - he is here, he is staying, and until that changes, this is irrelevant.

Nevertheless enjoy your non-bitter life and I'll enjoy Chelsea's todate club. [​IMG]

16. SoilBorn

He is invested heavily, yes, but all that cash that he's pumped in still hasn't brought him anything close to a return on his money. Sooner or later, he's going to realise even winning the Champion's League (Mourinho's kryptonite with Chelsea) won't bring him a return due to the massive spending.

It begins to get to the point where it just isn't a viable business. Like I say, I'm so surprised that the British government haven't stepped in like they do with every other business that runs at a loss no matter what.

If/when he does go, expect Chelsea to fall very far from their current graces. League One is a big possibility. Imagine the Leeds fiasco, only 10 times worse.

17. RandomButter

RandomButter DYC Chelsea 4 Life

>[​IMG] >[​IMG] >[​IMG] >[​IMG] >[​IMG]

Do you own the club Big_Aaron? Have any idea what goes on backstage? Know anything about the club besides your local pub chatter?

Your anti-Chelsea antics is bullshit, ignorant and nieve! Do you honestly reckon a top billionaire would buy a business and not plan to make a ROI? I'm sorry but your just a fucking moron who needs a schooling lesson.

Moving on, any idea how long it's going to take your new chairmen (fat, ugly the c**kface Glazer) to make his ROI? Well done you hypocritical jackass, now stop laying into Chelsea for stupid things that make zero sense to you.

If you want to dig shit on them so badly atleast think of some valid reasons. [​IMG]

Perhaps I should start a bunch of fucking crap threads such as: "United are screwed when Glazer leaves" or "United are fucked when Fergie leaves" or even "United suck c**k and are Ronaldo is a cheating prick" blah blah blah.

I shall return when there is a better anti-Chelsea argument, bye for now.

18. dycdan

Clam down Butter!

This is getting off-topic and everyones had their say, so its best if i were to close the thread.