Even after a 5-10 start, Warriors coach Mark Jackson is keeping cheery

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-155049361.html;_ylt=A2KJh7Z4cx5P_QwAkAm8vLYF

"Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson -- through his time as a player, color commentator, and rookie coach -- has never appeared anything less than buoyant. And, because his Warriors have started the season by losing 10 of their first 15 games, our man Jax is having to work extra hard at keeping that glass half full. Because after reading this interview with CSN Bay Area's Matt Steinmetz, you have to wonder where he's buying his particular brand of happy, and if he can lend us some when it comes time to answer a call from a number we don't recognize.

Steinmetz more or less nails Jackson on a number of points in a way that you just don't see from most on-record reporters, and Jackson remains ebullient and full of brio as he works around Matt's cogent points. It's a remarkable read, especially when you consider the task ahead of Jackson and his Warriors if they're to follow up on his promises between now and the season's end three months from now."

2. Custodianrules2

While we're fortunate to have basketball this season, the warriors appear more or less the same. No center, no defensive presence because of it. On the plus side, David Lee is no Troy Murphy/Jamison when it comes to possessing an all-around game. Also, we have a coach that has credibility from an nba player stand point and he was a top point guard. Let's hope he's not Isiah Thomas and let's hope our inept front office can get him some players that can compete.

3. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Last night's debacle may have lost the team. Everyone was throwing ridiculous passes and chucking ridiculous shots in the 4th. Monta looked horrible. Is Jackson to blame? Do the players respect him? This team needs to be blown up and remade immediately.

4. Custodianrules2

I don't blame Jackson so much as I believe the pieces have never fit in Oakland. Plus, injuries will do that to an already thin team. Losing Curry for a good number of games, losing Kwame (a quality backup center), not having the adequate help from the rookies.

Also, look at our draft picks outside of the backcourt. While they have been decent picks, they have not been game changers by any means.

This one, and in years previous, has all about what the front office has built. They really have no foundation besides backcourt players and a one-time all-star big man we acquired through a trade. What we really need is a center. Biedrins has lost whatever he brought to the table and Wright is certainly only going to be a role player rather than an expanded all-around utility guy that can do more than catch and shoot.

5. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    And yet we didn't use the amnesty on him. This season is lost, and our delusional front office and rookie coach were talking playoffs. I'm really hoping we are horrific this year, at least we'll get a top pick.

Thinking that we could just sign restricted Free Agents and guys that have real options to come play here with a guy that never coached before is just plain stupid. I think I want to change my username to LacobIsDelusional

6. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Last night was/is nearly the end for me (I'm about to become a Rubio/Twolves fan, seriously, I love that guy).

Stupid turnovers throughout the game (Barnett was saying that failure to convert the 3-2, 2-1 fastbreaks would haunt them) especially at the end of 4th qtr.

Nice plays at the end, forced pass to Monta on left wing, leads to steal, Curry just stupid pass to Grizz, Monta jacking up a 3 from right wing with no look for anyone else.

I say bad coaching because guys are not paying attention to details. I don't care about lockouts, its the same for everyone.

Finally, NO MORE SMALL BALL,PLEASE. Look at who was playing at the end, say last half of 4 qtr. Lee at the 5. Look at the Grizz, they went with Gasol and Spieghts and what happened? Warriors got hammered on the glass and Spieghts went off for 8 in the qtr. SPIEGHTS!!! Could the Warriors use a big body who was acquired for what a 2nd rounder in 2020?