Evil Dead 2013 trailer

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rhal, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    For anyone like me, that has been waiting for the trailer since they first heard rumors of this remake a few years ago, here is a site that has a bad version of the trailer that isn't out yet. Its a camera version from a comic-con but I couldn't wait to take a look at it. Personally i'm not sure what to make of it.
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/evil-dead-remake-trailer-york-comic-con/

2. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Well-Known Member

So, this is what, Evil Dead 4? Is it a remake of 1 or 2? Or a sequel like Army of Darkness? I'm not sure if I like the idea of a remake. I'll wait until the official trailer to take a look.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

2 was kind of a remake of 1... so this would be the second remake in four films, three of them essentially being the same movie. Why do they do this?

4. porkchopexpress

Well, the first 3 are amazing, but yeah, don't see the real point of this. I did read a quick synopsis and it sounds like it'll be the same cabin, but a different set of college kids. So, at least there won't be some random actor trying to do his best Ash impersonation.

5. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

it seems like a remake of 1(2).

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I don't really care about the actors but I will be pissed if they decided to cast a different tree.

7. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    Its a complete remake. Same theme, same type of story as the first movie. Its is written by Sam Raimi(directed the first three) and Bruce Campbell is one of the producers. They want to reboot the series but i'm not sure why Sam Raimi decided to take a step back and only be the writer on the film. When i first heard about this remake about 4 years I was pretty stoked, it was supposed to be a revamp with Raimi getting back into the Horror. Its the reason Saimi decided to do "Drag me to Hell" because he wanted to get some practice before taking on the new evil dead. I have no idea why he no longer wants to direct it.
    I was hoping they were going to remake the secound one and have a "Cabin in the Woods" type feel to it but from the trailer it looks like they are going straight mind fuck horror with it, which is what they did in the first Evil Dead. I'm definitely seeing this but I just can't imagine an Evil Dead without Ash, i'm lowering my expectations for this movie.

8. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

There is a small theater here in West Seattle that does an Evil Dead musical every fall. I went last year. It was a lot of fun and hilarious. Also lots of gore, etc. I even got some fake blood on me from a chainsaw scene (fortunately it came out!).

9. porkchopexpress

I think I saw this (or something similar) off Broadway a few years ago. I remember it being pretty funny. The only song I remember was "What the fuck was that". We sat just outside of the splash zone.

10. TradeNurkicNow

TradeNurkicNow Resident OT Section Crank