Expansion Draft Won't Impact Bucks

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, May 10, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

The Bucks have 13 players on their roster, but four (Toni Kukoc, Brian Skinner, Damon Jones, Brevin Knight) will become unrestricted free agents at the end of the season and will not be subjected to the expansion draft.

The Bucks can protect eight of their nine remaining players. They are certain to protect Desmond Mason, Keith Van Horn, Joe Smith, Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric, T.J. Ford and most likely Daniel Santiago. The Bucks also will be able to protect either Marcus Haislip or Erick Strickland, with the other being the one Milwaukee player exposed to the expansion draft.

Strickland would probably welcome an opportunity to join Charlotte since it would provide him a greater opportunity to play. The Bobcats, though, would probably prefer Haislip since he is only 23 years old and could be a building block for the future. Selecting Haislip, though, would be risky as he remains a bit of an unknown quantity

Full Article

2. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

The bucks gotta be the luckiest team in the league, the expansion draft wont really effect them... whoa.. These are my predicted protected players:
    1)Michael Redd
    2)Desmond Mason
    3)Keith Van Horn
    4)Joe Smith
    5)TJ Ford
    6)Dan Gadzuric
    7)Marcus Haislip
    8)Daniel Santiago

3. gmanspack

I agree with that list, Strick will most likely be left out to the Bobcats and I wouldn't be surprised if he is taken. That is 1.5 mil more cap room in the offseason for the Bucks. Does anyone know why unrestricted FAs can be protected?

4. Saves

Saves JBB JustBBall Member

I say murder KVH in his sleep, throw him in a burlap sack, and toss him over a board-walk into the ocean.

...I don't like him.

5. gmanspack

Saves he was doing well until he got hurt, give him a full year to prove himself first, remember TJ makes everyone better.