Expansion Draft

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by GSWplayoffbound, Nov 29, 2003.

1. GSWplayoffbound

GSWplayoffbound JBB JustBBall Member

Hey, first time poster here.

GSW fan from Australia.

I was just reading about the expansion draft next year for Charlotte. We can have 8 players protected. Which 8 would you protect?

Here are my 8: Dunleavy, J-Rich, Damp, Claxton, Murph, Pietrus, Van Exel, Foyle.

Thoughts?

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Good list, but a few of those players will be free agents, Foyle & Claxton and the Warriors won't need to protect them from the expansion draft.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GSWplayoffbound:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, first time poster here.

GSW fan from Australia.

I was just reading about the expansion draft next year for Charlotte. We can have 8 players protected. Which 8 would you protect?

Here are my 8: Dunleavy, J-Rich, Damp, Claxton, Murph, Pietrus, Van Exel, Foyle.

Thoughts?</div>Nice to see another Warriors fan here. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

My 8: Dunleavy, J-Rich, Dampier, Murphy, Pietrus, NVE, Robinson, Cheany

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

as long as you can keep Damp, Murph, Jrich, Van Excel, Robinson, Foyle, and our first round pick I'll be happy. But i'll be more happy if we can keep our fan favorites like Brian Cardinal. I'm upset that we didn't match denver's offer to earl boykins that guy got the crowd into it.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

i don't care for Dunleavy. I think his drafting was nearly a pathetic attempt to get his dad to coach the warriors. He hasn't lived up to his expectations like a top 3 pick and he's been way over-hyped. He's got good basketball fundamentals though but the boy can't shoot for ****. I would have rather gone for Drew Gooden at the time because he an oakland guy but I just dont' know if there were any good "True SF's" at the time to make that decision better than picking Dunleavey. I think that's one position that is hard to find quality in the league. Power forwards there are enough of those. But finding good SF's and Centers are hard.

6. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Good list, but a few of those players will be free agents, Foyle & Claxton and the Warriors won't need to protect them from the expansion draft.</div>

Actually, Warriors need Foyle. It hurt them in last nights loss, they kept going with the Cardinal at C lineup. Nene was killing him, Foyle is a player who can D up and block shots. They need him badly.

7. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually, Warriors need Foyle. It hurt them in last nights loss, they kept going with the Cardinal at C lineup. Nene was killing him, Foyle is a player who can D up and block shots. They need him badly.</div>Shape meant that Foyle will be a free agent at the end of the year so there is no reason to protect him from the expansion draft.