Fabregas: I want to lead Arsenal to title

Discussion in 'Arsenal FC' started by CelticKing, Jul 29, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<h1>Fabregas: I want to lead Arsenal to title</h1>

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas believes he is mature enough to captain the Gunners. </p><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" width="300" align="right"><tbody><tr><td> <!-- new key = 359+story;kvpagetype=story;kvcc=NA;kvsection=england;kvleague=eng1;kvclub=359;kv
    aid=448612;grp=8496597 --> <!-- document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="javascript1.1" src="http://ad.dc2.adtech.de/addyn|3.0|605|1181107|0|170|ADTECH;loc=100;target=_blank;key=england+story+eng1+
    359+NA;kvsection=england;kvpagetype=story;kvleague=eng1;kvclub=359;kvcc=NA;grp=84
    96597;misc='+new Date().getTime()+'"></scri'+'pt>'); //--> [​IMG] </td></tr></tbody></table>

And the 20-year-old disagrees with former Arsenal stars Thierry Henry and Freddie Ljungberg's claims that Arsene </p>

Wenger's side are unlikely to be serious title contenders this season. </p>

'While I respect the opinions of Henry and Ljungberg, I believe this team can fight for the title,' the former Barcelona trainee told the News of the World. </p>

'What I say is not madness. We got to the Champions League final in 2005, often playing without players like Henry, Ljungberg and Ashley Cole. </p>

'I have matured very much over the last two years and I am prepared to be the leader of the team. </p>

'Maybe then people won't ask me any more about becoming the next Patrick Vieira!' </p>

Fabregas added: 'I would love to captain Arsenal. It is a matter of enormous pride to me because the fans are always with me and that support is very valuable. </p>

'I know how the fans suffer when we lose.'</p>

</p>

[​IMG] </p>

</p>