Fact or fiction

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by NEfool, Aug 4, 2004.

1. NEfool

NEfool JBB JustBBall Member

THis is my first post so i thought i would make it a fun one. Because as soon as the season starts i will be complaning, jk. I was watching sports center and i had what i atleast thought was a great idea. It is of course to play fact or fiction. The rules are simple I give a statement and the next poster will say either fact or fiction and why the picked that. they will than make a new statement etc. Ok here i go

AL Jefferson will be next years starting Pf by Xmass

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Fiction, Lafrentz will be in that role the entire year, unless injured. Jefferson will be a key guy off the bench and will be getting 20+ minutes by Christmas, but I don't see him starting that early.

Fact or Fiction? Doc Rivers will win his second Coach of the Year award after this season.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

3. NEfool

Fact: someday after this year he will win a 2nd coach of the year award simply because he is still young and is a good coach. in a very very weak division.

Fact or Fiction? Ricky davis will not only start he will put up atleast 18ppg

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Fact, Doc Rivers knows what he didn't have in Orlando. He did not have a 2nd scorer to go to after TMac. Rivers sees what he has in Ricky, and he will start him. Ricky scored 21 ppg in 02-03, and 14 ppg off the bench last year. He will land in somewhere between those two at around 18 ppg.

Fact or Fiction? Mark Blount will continue where he left off last year, and will continue to rack up the double-doubles.

5. NEfool

Fact: He might be less motived because now he got his pay day. But i think the running style of Doc rivers will give him the chance to continue the great play of the end of last year.

Fact or Fiction? Celtics will win there division next year.

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Fiction: Although playing in an extremely weak division, the New York Knicks just traded for Jamal Crawford which gives them a slight edge over the Celtics right now.

Fact or Fiction? Kendrick Perkins will finally live up to his High School hype next season.

BTW - Welcome to JBB!

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Fiction. The Celtics have not lost any of their big men free agents as of now, and with Jefferson coming in and Lafrentz coming back, Perkins will find it hard to find minutes.

Fact or Fiction: Paul Pierce's number will be retired if he leaves the Celtics today.

8. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction: Paul Pierce's number will be retired if he leaves the Celtics today.</div>

Fiction. Yes, I said Fiction. He's had a nice career thus far, but he's not yet worthy of being lifted to the rafters yet.

PS:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jefferson coming in and Lafrentz coming back, Perkins will find it hard to find minutes</div>

Irrelevant. Raef and Al J are PF's. Perkins will be fighting for PT at the Center spot, his natural position. Once Mihm's likely moved, Perk will get burn(probably around 10 per) at the 5 spot.

9. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting hagrid:</div><div class="quote_post">Irrelevant. Raef and Al J are PF's. Perkins will be fighting for PT at the Center spot, his natural position. Once Mihm's likely moved, Perk will get burn(probably around 10 per) at the 5 spot.</div>Even though Raef and Jefferson are both natural PF's, they have the size and skill to play center also. If Perkins's effort and talent gets questioned by Doc Rivers, there is a possibility that he will play Lafrentz and Jefferson ahead of Perkins.

10. ranter

ranter JBB JustBBall Member

aww hagrid, you broke the string! I'll start it again:

Fact or Fiction: Marcus Banks will establish himself as the full-time point guard starter by the all-star break.

11. NEfool

Fiction: Though Banks has all the tools i think it will take him atleast another year to establish himself as a starter. Possibly even more.

Fact or Fiction: The celtics will have a "dance team" by the start of next year

12. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Uh, fact?

fact or fiction: The Boston Celtics will make the playoffs...

13. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Fact, I wasn't a belliever until recently, but now I can see them going about .500 and possibly winning the incredibly weak Atlantic

Fact or Fiction- Tony Allen becomes the next Richard Jefferson, great D and nice dunker on the break

14. ranter

Fiction, Tony Allen won't be as much of a wheeny as Richard Jefferson!

Fact or Fiction: Raef will play at least 60 games this year.

15. hagrid

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tony Allen becomes the next Richard Jefferson, great D and nice dunker on the break</div>

I'm going to say Fact, only because I can see the comparison AND I hope Tony Allen ends up as good as Richard Jefferson. Too early to tell though.

Fact or Fiction: Chris Mihm will start the season in a Celtics Uniform

PS: Yes, Raef and Al J <u>CAN</u> play Center. The point is, <u>we don't need them to anymore</u>, because we have Blount, Mihm (if he's not moved) and Perkins to play the spot with depth. Therefore, Perk isn't going to be competing for playing time against Raef and Al J, because they shouldn't be playing the same position. If Mihm stays in the mix or we get another center, then Perkins will likely only see 10 per max this season. He's still so young, that they aren't going to rush him, although it'd be nice to see alot more of him this season.

16. ranter

dangit hagrid, you messed it up again
    I'm putting "doesn't read and follow directions" on your progress report

17. hagrid

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction: Raef will play at least 60 games this year.</div>

Fact. They reconfirmed he was healthy and ready to go. [​IMG]

18. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction, I have a feeling Raef is going to break down, but I think he'll be close to 60
    Fact, I think Ainge is going to hold on to Mihm, unless he gets a great offer for him. but I can't see anyone offering much for him

Fact or Fiction- Blount finishes his career a Celtic

19. NEfool

Fact: i think he will be a good player for maybe 3 more years than knowone would want his contract

Fact or Fiction? Hagrid will break the streak atleast 3 more times

<font color="Blue">We have an edit button, Vc. [​IMG]</font>

20. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Fiction, how many times can someone possibly break the streak? [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction? Ainge will not be in charge of the team next season.