Falcons WR Finneran out for season again

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by Courtvision, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Courtvision

Courtvision BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (June 21, 2007) -- The Atlanta Falcons will be without receiver Brian Finneran for a second straight season.Last week, Finneran had his second reconstructive surgery on his left knee in two years and will miss the 2007 season, coach Bobby Petrino said.Finneran, 31, missed last season with a severe knee injury. He hurt the knee again in May while going through rehabilitation."He had a lot of differing (medical) opinions and decided last week to go in and get the reconstruction surgery," Petrino said. "It's a 9-to 12-month recovery period, and unfortunately that means he's out for the season."The second major injury to the same knee could be career-threatening for Finneran, who led the team's receivers in 2005 with 60 catches and 611 yards</div>Source (NFL.com)He just can't seem to get healthy. Vick and the Falcons could have used him this year, aside from Crumpler, he was the most consistent target for Michael.

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I can't remember the exact stat, but something like 70% of his catches have been for a first down or touchdown. I don't know what it was, they were talking about it on a Falcons game last year. Whatever it was, it was pretty impressive.

3. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I'd love to see him make a comeback next year as a coach. It's too bad though cause I was really excited to watch him play last year. I knew this was going to happen though. Right after I heard that he was still having problems with his knee, I knew he should of retired.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

That sucks. lol

5. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Well basically hes getting paid for it all anyway so it doesnt suck THAT bad. Falcons have bigger things to worry about like their QB and his dawgies.