Fans Don't Know Jack

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">TUALATIN, Ore. -- Jarrett Jack doesn't believe fans got a true impression of his game last year.

Maybe they thought the Portland Trail Blazers point guard wasn't aggressive of defense.

Or that he didn't attack the basket enough.

Or that he wasn't a good perimeter shooter.

Whatever the impression, Jack doesn't believe they saw what he is capable of producing.

"I think they probably think I was just being a passive rookie, or a rookie that was feeling their way through," Jack said. "But I was just doing what I was able to."

It was still an encouraging year, with averages of 6.7 points and 2.8 assists in 79 games. But this year, Jack believes he is capable of much more.

An ankle injury that severely limited his mobility last year has healed after offseason surgery. Jack can again explode to the basket, pressure on defense, and shoot much more actively from the perimeter.

He already looked more effective last week during Portland's preseason opener against Seattle, and Blazers coach Nate McMillan has already said Jack will be the team's starting point guard when the season opens on Nov. 1.

"That opportunity is right there for him," said McMillan, whose team faces Golden State tonight in a preseason game at the Rose Garden. "So we have to build off him and see how we go with him. What he'll do this year, I don't know. That remains to be seen. He's a young, inexperienced point guard who all of a sudden has control of a team." </div>

Source

2. Krstic

Krstic JBB Formerly TheCh0sen0ne238

he barely played..i dont blame him for his fans "not knowing him"

3. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

He does look like a psycho.