Fans leaving early during a game

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by neo, Nov 3, 2006.

1. neo

neo DYC Squad Backup player

Was reading Thierry Henrys comments on how it affects the players when the majority of fans leave early.

This ia s massive problem for some teams, such as Rangers. They call these 'people' the Subway Loyal. I saw that Arsenal fans left early the other night too.

Let me start by saying that i rarely ever leave before the game finished. Only in emergency circumstances or if i have to get to work etc But 99.999% of the time i stay for the whole 90 minutes

But no matter what result we have there is always a mass amount that leave early, mainly on the 80th minute mark and it gets really annoying. Especially when you have to stand up to see over the people who are crowding the stairs trying to get out. Now why would anyone pay good money to watch their team only to leave early without seeing the result.

The worst example i can think of is last season when Rangers were drawing with Inter at home and 10 minutes away from qualifying for the last 16, the first scottish team to do so. Yet you still get people who just walk out, with no emotion what so ever on their face and not a care in the world. It really baffles me why anyone would do it? I mean could they not wait 10 mins to see their team making history or would they rather get home early?

You wouldnt go to a cinema and leave with 10 mins before the end without seeing the end? Would you?

Does anyone here have the same problem or does anyone here leave before the final whistle? And if you do, what explanation can you give for doing it?

I seriously dont know why anyone would leave early in every game!

2. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

I can never understand the logic of this myself mate, really baffles me it does.