Fans taking advantage of Craigslist

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Nate Dogg, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    Me and my fiance noticed this the last few days.
    Possible season ticket holders for the Timbers are selling their seats on Craigslist for outrageous prices against the upcoming Nov 7, 2013 match vs Seattle.

If you are a season ticket holder, wouldn't you want to go to the game? At least sell it to your neighbor for face value, or to family members instead if you can't go. Only 2000 tickets were available and got sold within a few minutes after 10 am on 10/30/13.

I think these season ticket holders should get their seats revoked for a few games for the 2013-2014 MLS season. They are simply price gouching the system to make a profit for themselves. Theres a season holder waiting list of several thousand fans already and a few more that lose their seasonal tickets next year of this practice is not going to hurt the sales office.

In my eyes, season ticket holders are being disrespectiful to their fellow Timber fans, have bad ethics, and some justice should be done.

I printed out some craigslist ads today, of this price gouching and it includes the section numbers and some personal phone numbers. I am going to the box office tomorrow with my fiance and to complain of these practices. I sure hope the ticket office has support behind our findings.

NC.

2. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Ya but it's like saying people shouldn't charge to sell their body parts, but then you find out they just sold their toe nail clippings. Yes they are selling tickets, but it's just soccer.

3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    How is it any different than Blazer fans selling games at a higher price? You're selling in the free-market.

Just like selling a car, you sell to the highest bidder. And sometimes that is higher than "actual value"

4. Da Bears Oregon

Da Bears Oregon GO BEARS !!

Yeah, I once bought a house then later sold it for a huge profit, total disrespected the neighborhood I lived in. I had no right to do that and felt really bad. Thank god we have people who are willing to complain about said practices and get some JUSTICE. I sure hope you are under the age of 25 and live in the peoples republic of portland, because it would explain things.

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Nate Dogg sounds like a Timbers Army guy. They get all pissed off when somebody sells their tickets for more than face value. I agree that it sucks when a ticket broker does this. That is basically scalping. But if a season ticket holder wants to do it, it's perfectly fine. I have season tickets and I don't sell my seats. But if I did I guarantee I would ask for more money to go to a Seattle game than to Chivas!

6. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Supply. And. Demand.

7. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

3 of sailors had season tickets to the Seahawks in the 2005 Super Bowl season. They were able to sell their NFC Championship game tickets for enough money to buy the entire season ticket package for the next two years. All 3 did so.

(I'm not sure I would. Game 7 of the WCF, and I've got a ticket? I'm probably not selling it. But they did).

The people selling on craigslist shelled out a lot of money early in the year for the right to do whatever they wanted with those tickets. If they can make tons of profit off of one game, then :dunno:

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  8. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. A lot of people use selling a few select games as a way to pay for their tickets, something they might otherwise not necessarily be able to do. If another fan really wants to go, and is willing to pay well above face value, I don't see the issue. I'd struggle to sell them if I was a STH, because I'd want to be there. But if I couldn't go, and someone was willing to pay me 300 dollars for a 40 dollar ticket, I'm not going to say no, no, just give me 40.

9. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Why in the hell would people want to pay a lot of money for a soccer game?!? It's just soccer.

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  10. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

[video=youtube;sZHCVyllnck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck[/video]

11. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

My big conflict this year is the Blazer Heat game is on a Sat night. I have been offered a lot of money for the pair but also promised someone I would take them.

Trust me, it's no fun selling the best games (many games no one will buy the tickets even for below cost) . . . but if season tickets are a tough bill to swallow, some (like myself) buy the season tickets in hope of getting a little of the money back during the season.

12. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I can't believe Craigslist isn't shut down yet.

13. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

It's their tickets, they can do whatever they want with them. They can sell tix to this one game to pay for their entire season. Not a bad move IMO.

14. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

[​IMG]

Fuck Seattle!

hoop fam

15. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

My friend Lanny gets stupid money for the Heat game. Sell it!

16. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

It's not like 1/4 of the Rose Gar--I mean, MODA Center doesn't do this for L*ker games already. I know for a fact that there aren't 12k STHs secretly waiting for the twice a year that the P&P show up to show their true colors.

Heck, I'm going to do it in Orlando. Some guy is going to sell me his ticket (probably below-cost), but since I'm only paying for one game (instead of 45) I'd pay a premium to see a game I really wanted.

17. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Unless it's the playoffs, I really don't care that much about going to the game. I like watching on tv much more. That's for the NBA. I can see why going to the live games for the Timbers would be much much better.

18. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

this is why timbers army>>>>

19. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    You couldn't pay me to go watch a soccer game. It makes my eyes bleed. Such a ghey sport.

20. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Live is much much different than on tv.