FedEx Forum Photos

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by Voodoo Child, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Here we go, photos of the new FedEx Forum opening tomorrow -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll be sure to report back after I go to the opening tomorrow. It looks pretty darn impressive from these pictures. It makes the whole downtown area look better as a whole.

2. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

That place looks marvelous. It is simply stunning. Nothing will ever touch the good ol' GARDEN though. Incredible design it looks like a palace compared to most arenas these days. Great pics, Voodoo Child! Wow.

3. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

I would have to agree, that is pretty impressive. Almost makes we want to make the trip to Memphis to catch a game!

Kudos to the franchise and I love the Grizzly bear logo at center court. Very cool.

4. jbbDavid

jbbDavid JBB JustBBall Member

WOW!!! That's a beautiful looking arena. It's one of my favorites in terms of looks. I think the practice part of it's awesome. Nice lockers too. [​IMG]

5. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is a beautiful stadium, its simply amazing. I love how the players have their own DVD players at their lockers, pretty cool. [​IMG]

6. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

wow! how did u get all those pics? very nice. thanks for posting them. the practice courts look awesome and the locker room

7. N4S

N4S BBW Member

That is tight as all hell! I love the court and the practice facility, I guess that owner has a lil bit of chump change? LoL

P.S. The Ol' Garden is historical but doesn't even match up to the new arenas. Sorry.

8. Voodoo Child

I didn't take these photos myself. I found them on the net. I'll try to remember to bring my camera tomorrow when I tour it though.

The city paid for it. That was the major reason they chose to come to Memphis.

I like the glass walls. It reminds me of Conseco (sp?) Fieldhouse's.

The second to last picture is a picture of the view from outside the windows. That's a great view of the city in my opinion, and to the right just out of the picture is the city bridge and the Mississippi River. It should make for a great site at night.

9. JJA

JJA JBB JustBBall Member

Thats AWESOME! Nice Pics!

10. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">
    P.S. The Ol' Garden is historical but doesn't even match up to the new arenas. Sorry.</div> [​IMG] Good one.

It's the greatest arena in the world- so what if they don't have so many noise meters (pure crap) and loud music? It's simply the <u>best</u>

It's quiet, we New Yorkers like it that way.

11. Ezra

Ezra JBB JustBBall Member

[sarcasm]Yeah, I guess New York is a pretty subdued and quiet place, now that I think of it.[/sarcasm]

That's a nice arena. I guess $250M can get you nice things, contrary to popular belief.

12. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ezra:</div><div class="quote_post">[sarcasm]Yeah, I guess New York is a pretty subdued and quiet place, now that I think of it.[/sarcasm]
    </div>You have no idea what you're talking about. [​IMG] People in NY are all business, we don't want the blaring music and all that. We just want to sit down and watch the game.

Think before you speak. If you had been to (At the Garden) for over 50 Knicks games in the past 2 years, like me, than I'd listen. You obviously haven't as one can see from your post so I wouldn't really talk like that.

13. jbbDavid

jbbDavid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">You have no idea what you're talking about. [​IMG] People in NY are all business, we don't want the blaring music and all that. We just want to sit down and watch the game.

Think before you speak. If you had been to (At the Garden) for over 50 Knicks games in the past 2 years, like me, than I'd listen. You obviously haven't as one can see from your post so I wouldn't really talk like that.</div>
    Knicks Analyst is right, New Yorkers aren't like that. The majority of New Yorkers are businessmen, so we don't like "GET ON YOU'RE FEET!!!" and stuff like that. I have been to Continental Airlines Arena (Nets) once or twice, and let's just say in a New Yorker's eyes, the two don't compare.

14. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">
    It's quiet, we New Yorkers like it that way.</div>
    yeah, its always nice to get away from the noise of the city and relax in the quiet solitude of an NBA game.......[​IMG]

on a more serious note, I think that Sacramento really needs to learn a lesson from this...

that is a seriously good lookin arena and its good to hear that its helping the downtown area. that is exactly what we should be doing here ( and if he had competent representation in the city council we prolly would already be starting construction)

15. Voodoo Child

I've been in MSG. It was pretty noisy when I went, so I don't know what you and your brother are talking about, KA. Maybe it's just that lately you guys haven't had much to cheer about. [​IMG]

16. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Only The Knicks:</div><div class="quote_post">Knicks Analyst is right, New Yorkers aren't like that. The majority of New Yorkers are businessmen, so we don't like "GET ON YOU'RE FEET!!!" and stuff like that.</div>

thats very true. i agree with you theirs not so much "GET ON YOUR FEET" stuff as their is in other arenas. Nothing beats the MSG just because of the history. i went last yr for the first time and i absolutely loved it. :thumbsup: Its my fav arena ive ever been to and the Knicks arent even my fav team(their one of my favs)

17. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">I've been in MSG. It was pretty noisy when I went, so I don't know what you and your brother are talking about, KA. Maybe it's just that lately you guys haven't had much to cheer about. [​IMG]</div>
    The Garden generates a lot of crowd noise not so much pumping loud music and mascots running everywhere etc. It is loud, but the noise is almost always generated by the crowd rather than the effects. Trust me, I've been there 50 times in the past two years. No exaggeration.

When another stadium is crowned: "The World's Most Famous Arena" then some of you guys can give me a call. MSG has been glorified since it was built then re-built, it will stand as the greatest arena of our time.

18. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

very nice arena. the grizzlies actually look like a tight team now.

19. Ezra

Ezra JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">[sarcasm]Yeah, I guess New York is a pretty subdued and quiet place, now that I think of it.[/sarcasm]

That's a nice arena. I guess $250M can get you nice things, contrary to popular belief.</div><div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">You have no idea what you're talking about. [​IMG] People in NY are all business, we don't want the blaring music and all that. We just want to sit down and watch the game.

Think before you speak. If you had been to (At the Garden) for over 50 Knicks games in the past 2 years, like me, than I'd listen. You obviously haven't as one can see from your post so I wouldn't really talk like that.</div>

You either don't understand the concept of sarcasm, or are <strike>simply retarded.</strike>

I said New York is a subdued and quiet place, which is obviously untrue. Nothing about Knicks games. "The city that never sleeps" is not a quiet place. New York City is not quiet. Saying "New Yorkers like it that way" (quiet/subdued) is retarded. That is unless, of course, they hate New York itself.

I never said anything about MSG, or the Knicks, or any of that BS.

Think before you speak.

<font color="red"><font size="1">Do you not grasp the concept of no personal attacks or remarks that bait others? Obviously not. This is an official warning to you. ~Dre</font></font>

20. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ezra:</div><div class="quote_post">You either don't understand the concept of sarcasm, or are simply retarded.

I said New York is a subdued and quiet place, which is obviously untrue. Nothing about Knicks games. "The city that never sleeps" is not a quiet place. New York City is not quiet. Saying "New Yorkers like it that way" (quiet/subdued) is retarded. That is unless, of course, they hate New York itself.

I never said anything about MSG, or the Knicks, or any of that BS.

Think before you speak.</div>
    Well, you said that New York is subdued and quiet (In your sarcasm, implying that it isn't in anyway). I say that in the Garden that's basically how you like it. No need to get on me about your unclear post. Maybe you could give a more quality post in which you explain what you are trying to say more clearly so it makes more sense to people who don't want to read stuff like that.

P.S. You're kidding yourself if you're trying to tell me how New York is, I know this place pretty damn well.

Think before you speak.